1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Amazon movie purchase. How to get to it from TiVo?

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by BlackBetty, Apr 10, 2014.

1. BlackBetty

BlackBetty I

Nov 5, 2004
    I purchased the blu ray of the movie "Frozen" from amazon and it came with a free digital copy. I linked the copy to my Amazon Instant account and I can see it in my video library when I log into Amazon.
    My question is, how do I get to this movie from my TiVo? If I go in to Amazon from my TiVo and click on new release HD movie, I see Frozen and it's listed at $5.99. If I select it, will I not get charged?

Thanks!

2. aaronwt

aaronwt UHD Addict

Jan 31, 2002
    Northern...
    You should be able to go to a list of all your purchased titles. Then when you are on the page for the title, there should be a drop down menu with your TiVos listed. Then you select the TiVo you want to download it to. Of course you have to have set it up so your TiVos are on your Amazon account. I know there is a setup page where you enter your TiVo login and then it pulls the info from TiVo about the TiVos on your account.

Here is the Amazon help page for downloading to the TiVos

https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=200111510

EDIT: I'm not sure if that page will actually help. I had to spend a couple of minutes searching to find the page for the TiVos. here it is.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html?ie=UTF8&*Version*=1&*entries*=0&docId=1000778131

On the TiVo page is where you can link your TiVo account and refresh your list of TiVo boxes.

Once the TiVos are linked and show up. Just go to a title you own and then you should be able to download up to two copies to different TiVos. And when you delete that copy it should free it up to be downloaded on another TiVo.

3. BlackBetty

BlackBetty I

Nov 5, 2004
    That worked! I had to relink my tivo acct again so my Roamio showed up. And then I had to force a connection with tivo before the download would begin.