1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Amazon instant video

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by wldlif7, Sep 23, 2013.

1. wldlif7

wldlif7 New Member

Sep 16, 2012
    What's with Amazon Instant video not playing on Tivo Mini? When you purchase a instant video it states you can play/store on up to 2 tivo units. I only have a Roamio and a mini.

Stored/downloaded to my Roamio, but not able to view on mini.

Something does not seem right about this. Am I missing something?

Thanks for any input

2. sbiller

sbiller Active Member

May 10, 2002
    Tampa, FL
    Its not currently supported. There are rumors that TiVo is working on an updated Amazon app but there has not been any confirmation from TiVo.

3. moyekj

moyekj Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2006
    Mission...
    Only Amazon downloads are currently supported on TiVos and Minis can't download.

4. atmuscarella

atmuscarella Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2005
    Rochester NY
    I think you may have missed the actual question. The OP says he has downloaded an Amazon video to his Roamio but can not stream it to his mini. Is that true? Seems like he should be able to stream it from the Roamio to the mini, but I don't know and don't have a mini to test.

5. moyekj

moyekj Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2006
    Mission...
    Yes I did misread. But yes OP is correct, Amazon downloads are prohibited for MRV and MRS for some stupid reason.

6. aaronwt

aaronwt UHD Addict

Jan 31, 2002
    Northern...
    The Mini is just like another TiVo. You can't view Amazon content downloaded on one TiVo from another. And since the Mini can download content, it is not possible to view Amazon content on them. This is one feature I hope they rectify soon. Since I'm reliant one two Minis now I'm not able to watch my normal Amazon content from TiVos like I have in the past. Only from my main viewing location which has my Roamio Pro an dOTA only Premiere

7. johncoyne

johncoyne registered user

Jul 15, 2003
    New York
    So Roamio Pro is not compatible with Amazon Instant Video at this time?

8. steve614

steve614 what ru lookin at?

May 1, 2006
    Dallas, TX
    Correct, and it's not just the Roamio Pro. None of the models are compatible.

9. moyekj

moyekj Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2006
    Mission...
    Roamios work fine with Amazon Instant Video (that you download to TiVos). It's only Amazon Prime videos (streaming) that are not supported by any TiVo.