1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Amazon Instant Video--Guide to Tivo remote?

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by BobbyWDC, Mar 20, 2017.

1. BobbyWDC

BobbyWDC Member

Mar 28, 2005
    Washington, DC
    Has anyone figured out all the useful buttons on the TiVo remote for the Amazon Instant Video (Prime) app? It's like a minefield, how many of them do an immediate quit of the application, or at least stop the video. In particular, I'm trying to figure out if there's a way, once you hit PAUSE, to get the program detail overlay OFF THE SCREEN so you can actually see the entire paused image. Everything I've tried has been either ineffective or quits (like the Clear button, the way it works outside the app).

I've searched and hunted both on Google and on the TiVo community forums, and I can't find anywhere where the remote functionality is just laid out. I know the up/down/right/left and Select do most things, but it would be SO helpful to know what else is possible, particularly how to clear the info overlay when you pause during a video. Thanks!

2. PSU_Sudzi

PSU_Sudzi Active Member

Jun 4, 2015
    Philly suburbs
    I don't think you can get rid of it, I've tried too. Still waiting on thumbnails during FF and RW also.

3. duncan7

duncan7 Member

Sep 17, 2004
    Yeah, the skip buttons would be pretty handy, too... Meanwhile, Netflix is implementing "skip credits," at least on some platforms, right?

4. CybrFyre

CybrFyre Member

Mar 25, 2008
    one woulda hoped btns do nothing instead of dumping one out.

Sent from my Pixel C using Tapatalk