Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by elwaylite, Sep 11, 2013.
Awesome!!! Glad to know you guys noticed, Im signing up now!
Yes I've seen the same issue with amazon downloads to my Roamio base.
I got the invitation, but cannot help out testing the beta with the Amazon fix. No personally upgraded drives is one of the rules. :-(
Oh well, good to know they realize its an issue and are working on it.
I've also seen this quite a bit. Glad to see a fix coming.
I wanted to post back and note, since going to a hardline the file lockups have ceased. It was happening often enough and requiring me to re-download, that there is something here. The pixellation has also diminished a LOT.
All I can say is my problem seems to have been wifi related, unless it just decided to fix itself...
Luther should be 1080i. I'm not aware of any streaming service that has 1080P60. 1080P30 is the highest I've seen and that is from Netflix. From Amazon the highest I've seen is 1080P24.
Most of the BBC content I've downloaded from Amazon has been 1080i. While most of the other shows I've watched from other networks is in 1080P24.
UNless Luther was actually 1080P30 and the TiVo can't output 1080P30 so it would send 1080P60 instead.
Im not sure, but I have ALL resolutions checked. Seems as if Luther was 1080i, the Tivo would output that.
It is BBC, so the framerate could be something incompatible as you say.
I find it odd everything I have downloaded since going back to Ethernet has solved the blocking and lock up issue. Maybe there are some inconsistencies in the way the wifi is functioning.
I checked my Roamio Pro last night. It does not seem to be behaving correctly with some of the Amazon content. I could not get the Romaio Pro to output any Amazon content at 1080P24. I downloaded some content that I know is in 1080p24, that my Premieres play back with 1080P24 pass through, and my Roamio Pro would output them in 1080P60. If I only checked 1080p24 and 1080i, then it would only output those shows in 1080i. But when I downloaded the same shows to one ofmy Premiere boxes, it is output in 1080P24.
I only messed around with it for a little while since I had to deal with getting a cable card paired. So i need to give it a fresh look tonight whee I'm not so tired.
FWIW it's working for me. I just watched a couple of Breaking Bad epsiodes from Amazon downloads on my Pro last night that played as 1080p/24.
I had issues on occasion (not very often) with Amazon video I had downloaded to my TiVo Premiere XL. I have experienced a few of the same type of glitches on my Roamio. If I use instant replay the glitches are consistent so it's an issue with the file, not TiVo playback. I figured the video was corrupted during download.
Im still plugging along nicely after stopping wifi usage. Seems to obvious to be a coincidence. Im sure the is bound to happen every now and then, but as often as I was having it and now that its stopped, something was related to wifi.
Still it's a disturbing bug - looks like there must be some conversions being run in the background during the download and the conversions are not robust when there are network issues.
Thanks. That's good to know. I was tired when I was messing around with it last night so it could have been a user error thing. It was a long day dealing with the Pro replacement, work, refinance closing, setting up the new Pro, and also spending 1.5 hours getting a cable card paired.
Yeah, wifi may make the issue worse, but mine has a wired connection. Just this last weekend, I had a rental downloaded from Amazon that had lots of issues and locked up completely @25 minutes into the movie. I had to delete the recording and re-download it. Pretty much every one of my downloads have at least some issues.