1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Amazon HD Download Lockup and Restart - S3

Discussion in 'TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs' started by jay_winter, Feb 4, 2012.

1. jay_winter

jay_winter P4+P4XL+Mini+FIOS

Jan 13, 2004
    Richmond, VA
    I have been experiencing a recurring theme in that after purchasing a movie for download from Amazon (usually I select HD) through the TiVo UI, TiVo locks up and becomes totally unresponsive to the remote after just a few minutes. The only way to resolve the problem has been to restart the TiVo.

Today, I purchased another HD movie from Amazon, and after a couple of minutes TiVo displayed the reboot screen with all front panel lights on.
    Shortly thereafter, TiVo displayed a "green screen of death" instructing me that it had encountered a serious problem and was attempting to fix it, and that I dare not remove power for the next three hours!

Has anybody else had this experience??

Thanks!

2. bjreed

bjreed New Member

Mar 20, 2012
    Just happened for the second time. The first time I unplugged it expecting that the download would pick up where it left off. But it did not and I ended up paying for the movie twice.

Now I'm just sitting here looking at a frozen screen. I've waited 15 minutes already. The blue light is on, the tivo flashes the light when I press a remote button, but nothing happens....:mad: