1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Amazon HD Content

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by BigHat, Dec 31, 2012.

1. BigHat

BigHat New Member

Jan 25, 2004
    Arlington VA
    I have been downloading SD movies and TV shows to my Premiere XL, but have run into a problem getting HD content. When I go to download I get a message saying sending the SD version. Both Tivos are registered, both are on the Amazon list of HD compatible devices, both have been restarted. Still no luck. Did a search but found nothing on the problem.

Anyone have a suggestion?

2. KTOA

KTOA New Member

Nov 25, 2006
    Have the Amazon help desk give you a call. They will call you immediately or in 5 minutes depending on which choice you use. The few times I've called them they were very helpful and knowledgeable.

Click on the help icon at the top left of the Amazon page to get started.

3. BigHat

BigHat New Member

Jan 25, 2004
    Arlington VA
    Thank you. First, I love Amazon. They have been very responsive, but not very helpful. They basically gave me old instructions on how to reboot a Tivo. Of course, I knew how to restart it and gave that a try. Went to download the HD movie and still get the "sending an SD version" or something close to that language. The movie is downloading (that has never been a problem) and the HD cover art is showing, but it will be a few mins before I can check it. Obviously, concerned that the message is that I'm getting the SD version.

Thanks for the note and Happy New Year!!!

4. KTOA

KTOA New Member

Nov 25, 2006
    Hm. Kinda of obvious question but have you tried the Tivo help desk?

It's been years but the two times I called them they were crazy smart on helping me with my issue.

5. apw2607

apw2607 New Member

Nov 16, 2012
    For HD movies you need to rent them using tivo itself. If you rent them on amazon.com you can't transfer them to your tivo like you can for HD TV shows or sd versions of both tv shows and movies.

No idea why ... But you can ask amazon vod customer service to do it for you if you do purchase at amazon.com

Basically the whole amazon vod needs overhauling on tivo. Although the end result is good (great video quality and audio) the UI is terrible.

6. BigHat

BigHat New Member

Jan 25, 2004
    Arlington VA
    Thanks for sharing. Appreciate the info.

7. steve614

steve614 what ru lookin at?

May 1, 2006
    Dallas, TX
    I think it's a limitation when renting vs. buying.
    I know for a fact, if you buy a movie from amazon.com you can have it downloaded in HD to your Tivo, but you have to make sure you are buying the HD version.