1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Amazon free shows - what's the best way to browse?

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by dylanemcgregor, Oct 11, 2012.

1. dylanemcgregor

dylanemcgregor Well-Known Member TCF Club

Jan 31, 2003
    Corner of...
    Every Fall Amazon puts a number of series premiers up for free on Unbox, but each year it seems I have more and more trouble actually finding these shows. I just stumbled upon the fact that Nashville and Last Resort have the first episode free, but I was only able to tell this after going into the show description for each one. Is there a way to browse all new shows that have the first episode free?

2. mattack

mattack Active Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    Yes, you go into the Amazon interface and I think it's the bottom one, something like "free shows and promos".

There's a lot of movie bits and such in there, but that was where I found them earlier. I seem to remember only getting 2 this year though.

3. ewolfr

ewolfr .

Feb 12, 2001
    SoCal
  4. aadam101

aadam101 Tell me a joke

Jul 14, 2002
    Massachusetts
  5. Allanon

Allanon Member

Nov 2, 2005
  6. dylanemcgregor

dylanemcgregor Well-Known Member TCF Club

Jan 31, 2003
    Corner of...
    Thanks all. That last link by Allanon is prety helpful, although you still can't tell which of those shows will have actual episodes for free, and which will just have free "extras" content.

I really wish they would do more of the free 1st episode thing. I know that I got hooked on The Killing, Terriers, and The Walking Dead that way, and ended up buying a Season Pass for both. Breaking Bad also might have had the 1st episode free, although I can't be sure. Probably a couple of other shows that I'm not remembering right now also. I don't think I've ever paid for the pilot episode for any show.