1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Amazing Race - One Hot Camel - OAD 11/17/13 **SPOILERS**

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by verdugan, Nov 18, 2013.

1. verdugan

verdugan Active Member

Sep 9, 2003
    Sacramento, CA
    The baseball wives had to go. It was clear that they were the worst team.

I didn't like the reason the ER doctors gave for U-turning the Afghanimals. It was stupid of them to lie about it, but it's hardly grounds for U-turning them.

And Jason and Amy talked a big game, but when push come to shove, they chickened out and didn't U-turn Pinky and No Brain.

Talking about not having a brain, how clueless are those two? They couldn't find the tower that everybody else found right away? :confused:

2. NorthAlabama

NorthAlabama tabasco rules

Apr 19, 2012
    sweet home, al
    :up:
    :up::up:
    :p
    remember my post from 2 weeks ago? this is the reason why, someone will use it to justify something:

3. heySkippy

heySkippy oldweakandpathetic

Jul 2, 2001
    Sarasota, FL
    Sorry to see the bunnies go, but someone had to go and they were clearly the weakest team.

As for Leo and Jamal, they were idiots for lying when there was no gain to themselves. They seemed to have done it as a lark but they made an enemy unnecessarily.

I would like to see the remaining girl team win. Probably not going to happen, but I like those girls.

4. loubob57

loubob57 Cancer sucks! TCF Club

Mar 19, 2001
    Fort Worth, TX
    Too bad, the baseball wives were both really easy on the eyes.

5. TonyTheTiger

TonyTheTiger Pro Troll Magnet

Dec 22, 2006
    I completely don't understand them using the Express Pass without even trying the challenge! They almost certainly will get stuck in a challenge that moves them down the field later.

Wait. How many episodes left? I think they may have HAD to use it by this one or lose it. I know they can't use it with (I think) three episodes left, which, unless they extend it, would be right (five teams left, so two regular elims plus the finale).

How do P&NB manage to survive with their stupidity?? If they win, I think I'll be throwing something at my TV! :eek:

6. heySkippy

heySkippy oldweakandpathetic

Jul 2, 2001
    Sarasota, FL
    I think they must have had to use it this leg.

There are five teams, so I expect next week will be a non-elim to set us up for the final two episodes. Doesn't the finale usually start with 4 teams with one eliminated half-way through?

7. TonyTheTiger

TonyTheTiger Pro Troll Magnet

Dec 22, 2006
    No. The actual finale is just three teams. They have, in the past, shown the one from last episode back-to-back with the finale, calling it a two-hour 'finale' though, so technically, you're right and wrong at the same time! ;)

8. VegasVic

VegasVic Craps Player

Nov 21, 2002
    The Craps Table
    They said right at the start of the leg that they would be using the pass so it must have been the last leg they could use it.

Baseball chicks had virtually no chance since there was not a bunchup on this leg. They needed an equalizer at some point.

9. zordude

zordude WDW Fan TCF Club

Sep 23, 2003
    Malden, MA
    Pretty nice prize, 2 new cars!

10. DevdogAZ

DevdogAZ Give em Hell, Devils

Apr 16, 2003
    Arizona
    I disagree that the Bunnies were the weakest team. The Ice Girls are every bit as weak, and probably not as smart, but the Speed Bump and the U-Turn made all the difference. And that was a pretty stupid reason for Pinky and No Brain to U-Turn them. Just because the Bunnies outsmarted you before doesn't mean they did something unfair. Seems that P & NB still think the Bunnies did something underhanded.

11. Maui

Maui Major Lee Oblivious

Apr 22, 2000
    Decatur, IL
    It was kind of anticlimatic. As soon as the Bunnies got uturned at about 30 minutes into the episode you knew they were done and it took all the drama out of the episode.

As for the express pass it probably had to be used by this leg but it is pretty damn good strategy to use it on a U-turn leg to assure that you don't get u-turned.

12. VegasVic

VegasVic Craps Player

Nov 21, 2002
    The Craps Table
    I can't remember which team it was but one of them said they had already had the car code and didn't need to use the coins. That confused me or maybe I just missed something.

13. Honora

Honora New Member

Oct 16, 2006
    Especially since Pinky said it was something she would have done if she'd known it was possible. She's just mad she didn't think of it first.

14. DevdogAZ

DevdogAZ Give em Hell, Devils

Apr 16, 2003
    Arizona
    It was Jason and Amy. They got the bag of viking coins when they were in Norway, so they've had them for several episodes. They knew they'd be needing to use them for something on a future leg. So it probably wasn't too hard for them to figure out what the puzzle was and decipher it beforehand.

And in case you missed what the puzzle was, they had to line the coins up according to the symbols on the bag the coins came in. Then keeping the coins in that same order, they had to flip the coins over and that would give them the entry code for the cars.

15. nyc13

nyc13 New Member

May 31, 2013
    They all got the bag of coins a few legs ago with no instructions as to when or how they would be used. Some of them had the foresight to actually look at the coins (presumably during downtime at pit stops) and try and figure out what they would eventually be used for. So some teams already had a five-digit number in mind when they saw their car. Others thought the coins themselves had magic power to be used in opening the car door. :D

16. Honora

Honora New Member

Oct 16, 2006
    From that I deduced that during down-time they must have looked at the coins and bag wondering why they would be "needing it later" as the clue said. They must have figured out that the sequence on the bag and therefore the numbers on the back of the coins would be important later.

17. verdugan

verdugan Active Member

Sep 9, 2003
    Sacramento, CA
    I agreed with you 2 weeks ago, and I'm agreeing today as well. :D

18. verdugan

verdugan Active Member

Sep 9, 2003
    Sacramento, CA
    But the baseball wives had the Speed Bump because they came in last in the previous leg.

The Ice girls are not strong enough to win, IMHO, but they are stronger (less weak?) than the baseball wives. And they sure had less drama than the baseball wives.

19. VegasVic

VegasVic Craps Player

Nov 21, 2002
    The Craps Table
    Cool, I forgot that they had the coins for awhile and knew they would need them for something.

Baseball wives and hockey girls are both weak teams. Both lucky to get as far as they did. The "best" teams don't always win but if the hockey girls do I'll be shocked.

20. murgatroyd

murgatroyd Don't stop believin'

Jan 5, 2002
    Berkeley CA
    I vaguely remembered that one of the teams left their coins behind, but maybe I'm remembering the team that didn't pick up the piece of the paper with the clue. Or maybe one team did forget their coins and has been eliminated since that leg. Does anyone else remember? I guess I'll go back and look at the thread for that episode....