1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Amazing Race 10 - 10/8/06 - *SPOILERS*

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Inundated, Oct 8, 2006.

1. Inundated

Inundated Face For Radio

Sep 9, 2003
    Northeast Ohio
    It's been a while since I started one of these. :D

Everyone has trouble rowing, Sarah has continued trouble with Peter, and Tom and Jerry, er, Terry have trouble staying in the race.

2. lambertman

lambertman To see you, Nice

Dec 20, 2002
    "Roadblock: who has strong arms and legs?"

Peter: "Sarah!"

3. Inundated

Inundated Face For Radio

Sep 9, 2003
    Northeast Ohio
    I'm gonna sit on my Peter Rant for a while now.

4. tem

tem Active Member

Oct 6, 2003
    yeah, I couldn't believe he made Sarah to that roadblock. He's a complete tool.

Glad to see the Walking Stereotypes gone. They seriously bugged.
  5. sushikitten

sushikitten 143 down, ??? to go! TCF Club

Jan 27, 2005
    DC-ish Suburbia
    Okay, so I grew up in Michigan, the land of 11,000 lakes, and I've been around water my whole life and I do know how to row (not that I'd be great, but I wouldn't have a coronary trying to move the boat). But I seriously (SERIOUSLY) didn't think rowing was so godawful difficult to figure out. I mean, how hard is the concept of moving two oars at the same time? Or am I really just that out of it and if you haven't rowed before, you're totally clueless? (Yes, the wind and waves were serious disadvantages, but these teams would have been just as clueless on a mirror-finish lake.)

And the team that came in first? Hate them with a passion. They almost make me not want to watch.

Also, Peter...what a total a$$hat. I don't much like Sarah (if she whines "I can't do it!" one more time...), but at least I give her credit for overcoming her obstacles.
  6. RichardHead

RichardHead Musical Klutz

Nov 16, 2003
    I've been unable to generate any love or even "like" for any of these teams so far.
  7. Gunnyman

Gunnyman Just a boring dude

Jul 10, 2003
    The Shots of Peter SITTING there kicked back watching Sarah climb the rock and then later screaming that he doesn't want to do it anymore moved him into the Massive Tool column on my score sheet.
    The Single Moms, however have me in their corner rooting for them.
  8. bobsbizzy

bobsbizzy New Member

Jun 20, 2002
    It certainly was a physically tough leg, one of the toughest ever I think.

Really like the Korean team, the Kentucky team and don't mind the beauty queens.

Frat boys aka models show too much frat boy arrogance for me, the team that came in first just has an a-hole for the guy, as does Sarah, (go Sarah), liked the gay guys and thought they went out with class but couldn't understand why they took so long to get their 30 baskets - am I missing one team?

Oh yeah the single moms. Doing OK but not long for the game methinks. Them, the kentucky team and the beauty queens seem to be competing with each other to see who will be eliminated next.
  9. Inundated

Inundated Face For Radio

Sep 9, 2003
    Northeast Ohio
    OK, Gunny...you've gone and done it...triggered my aforementioned and teased "Peter Rant".

What a useless team member/wannabe boyfriend/person.

Not only did Peter sit there and watch, he looked about as disinterested as you could possibly look as Sarah was going up the rock. He looked like he was staring at a cloud formation or something. His facial expression said "uh, whatever".

Add that to the "I don't want to do this anymore" ("able bodied" Peter quits about 1000 times faster than Sarah) and I don't want to see this jerk on my TV screen anymore. I just don't know how it could be done without eliminating Sarah.

She's not perfect, either...but gets a few dozen or so points from me for being open about how Peter is not exactly what she expected.
  10. getbak

getbak Active Member

Oct 8, 2004
    Calgary, AB
    "That's it. I'm not talking to any more foreigners." - Rob

11. Jstkiddn

Jstkiddn Shutity up up up

Oct 15, 2003
    I had to rewind that about three or four times to watch it again!!!

Um, excuse me...but who is the foreigner?!?! LOLOL
  12. wendiness1

wendiness1 WiiMomma

Jul 29, 2005
    Ugh! Peter!

And then, when they were climbing out of the small boat into the larger one, he jumps out without her. "Peter, don't leave me here!"

Man oh man oh man.
  13. scottykempf

scottykempf New Member

Dec 1, 2004
    Plus when Sarah was climbing the rock, Peter was yelling away, giving her "pointers" and making stupid statements like "Use the handicap placard. Maybe you can go to the front of the line." But when Peter was doing the challenge, rowing the boat, and Sarah is trying to tell him what to do, he tells her "I need you to be quite" or something similar. What a jerk!!!

P.S. Sarah, don't be sad that your feelings for Peter aren't being returned. Your Gaydar should be going crazy whenver you look at Peter. :D
  14. katbug

katbug Tivo Junkie

Oct 2, 2003
    N. AZ
    Ugh, Peter looked much prettier before he started the race and opened his mouth, and I think Sarah's definitely seeing that too. I'm sure he's quite a catch in real life, when he's working and all knowledgable, etc. but it's good that she's now seeing the "real" Peter. Ugh, this one is not gonna last. I still don't understand why she's doing the physical challenges and he's doing the ones like archery. :0(

SO glad to be done with the eliminated team. They were just annoying! I really thought it would be beauty queens due to the misread of that final clue...duh! If they'd lost because of that, they would have forever sealed the stereotype they're trying to overcome.
  15. JETarpon

JETarpon Active Member

Jan 1, 2003
    I was a little irritated at the way they scripted the roadblock and Sarah. They kept showing Sarah looking all worried, and then showing her fake foot, and then showing everyone else climbing up USING ONLY ONE LEG.

The challenge didn't require two good legs. Stop making such a big deal about it.

And yeah, Peter's a tool.
  16. mask2343

mask2343 Cable DVR convert

Jan 6, 2003
  17. Lee L

Lee L Got Basenji?

Oct 1, 2003
    Morrisville, NC
    Wow, could Peter look any worse? I also agree about the only using one leg with the ascender thing though. Seems like she probably was as well or better equipped strength wise than anyone else. The only real disadvantage I can see is maybe balance.

As far as rowing, I think maybe the distance between the oars coupled with the height of the pegs they were on and the way they were fastened made it much more difficult. I was waiting for one of the teams to just untie the ropes and start rowing right off the side.
  18. Sadara

Sadara huh?

Sep 27, 2006
    Wichita, KS
    Peter is a royal piece of dung. Enough said about him. I like Sarah, I do think some times she worries about her ability to do things like that, but each time she finds the strength deep down to push through it and you can see on her face how happy she is when she finishes the task.

The single mom's are one of my more favorite teams, but I think they are doomed to come in last sooner than later.

The Beauty Queens are slightly entertaining and while some of their mannerism annoy me, I give them props for getting through the tough times together.

The squabling couple (the ones that won this leg) both drive me nuts. I keep waiting for Kimberly to grab something heavy and crack Rob over the head with it.

Kentucky team, I actually feel bad for the husband. Has anyone noticed yet that Wife is totally rude, crude and mean to hubby? She's nice NICE to everyone else, but she barely has anything nice to say to her hubby. This is really starting to bug me.

Preppy Boys are starting to seem gay to me. I thought it two episodes ago, but my Hubby mentioned it last night. By the way, they need to be knocked off their high horse, their attitude is not very humble.

The Cho brothers - I'm actually impressed with them, they seem to be able to work together well, they have their brotherly tiffs once in awhile, but they really aren't very frequent. I'm hoping these guys win.

T&T, so glad they are gone!!
  19. AccidenT

AccidenT New Member

Oct 25, 2004
    My thoughts exactly. If anything, she had an advantage because her artifical leg most likely weighs less than a real one, so it was less weight she had to move up the rope.

A few other observations:
    - It took me a while to figure out, but I think the rowing was so hard because the oars were barely any wider at the paddle end than at the handle end. Every other oar I've ever seen is at least 3 times as wide at the paddle end.

- LOL @ one of the "T"s swimming while pulling the boat behind him. I can't imagine it's faster than rowing, but he got the job done. :up:

- Maybe I'm heartless, but I couldn't stop laughing when they alternated between shots of the beauty queens crying and T&T crying.

- The single moms get more annoying each week. They praise the Kentucky couple because they're helpful and "that's how southern folk are," yet they not only avoid helping other people, but take pleasure in their misfortunes. And enough already, we get that you're doing the race so your kids will be proud of you. I'm not sure they'll care all that much anyway.
  20. AccidenT

AccidenT New Member

Oct 25, 2004
    Yeah, I lost a lot of respect for her when she interrupted his heartfelt recollection of his Dad's Vietnam experience by yelling about being passed by another team.

Also, I vote that their team nickname be changed to "Dive and Murray" to more accurately represent their pronounciation of each others' names. :D