1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Am I the only one still watching The Firm?

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Maui, Apr 22, 2012.

1. Maui

Maui Major Lee Oblivious

Apr 22, 2000
    Decatur, IL
    I have to say that I am very happy that I stuck with The Firm when it moved to Saturdays. It has been getting better every week. The main plot has taken over and there hasn't been the case of the week in about a month. Now, maybe some of this is because the shows producers know they need to wrap things up and don't need the filler but as a viewer I don't care about that. I just enjoy the show.

I am really glad NBC decided to let the season run it's course.

2. aadam101

aadam101 Tell me a joke

Jul 14, 2002
    Massachusetts
    I plan to watch it since it is getting a full season. I just haven't got around to it yet. I'm glad it has gotten at least one positive review.

3. stellie93

stellie93 Active Member

Feb 25, 2006
    Still watching--it's pretty good. :up:

4. nyny523

nyny523 Oy

Oct 31, 2003
    New Yawk
    I am watching and also glad I did not abandon it. How many more episodes are there?

5. boywaja

boywaja Active Member

Sep 30, 2001
    Still watching.

The past couple of weeks have been good. But it was really annoying when

the bad guys are coming towards the mcdere house and that gets dragged out 3 weeks. Each time getting about 10 seconds of new information then they go back to court for the remainder of the episode in a flashback or flashforward.

6. madscientist

madscientist Deregistered Snoozer

Nov 12, 2003
    Lexington, MA
    I watched the first 5 episodes but the rest have lingered on the DVR. However, I started catching up this past weekend and watched 3 more... I'm enjoying it.

7. Maui

Maui Major Lee Oblivious

Apr 22, 2000
    Decatur, IL
    I think there are 22.

That would mean 8 more episodes I believe. Hard to see how they will keep ramping it up for that long.

8. Peter000

Peter000 Active Member TCF Club

Apr 15, 2002
    Red Wing, MN
    I watched it until the main show caught up with the "flash forwards" they started the show with. The resolution of that was so disappointing, combined with the fact that they jumped the beginning a few weeks AGAIN, was enough for me that I just stopped watching after that point.

Maybe I'll watch the last few episodes just to see how they resolve it, if they do.

9. steverm2

steverm2 New Member

May 9, 2005
    cape cod,ma
    just watched chapter thirteen and enjoyed more than any other.a little more action and main plot line

10. Bierboy

Bierboy Seasoned gas passer

Jun 12, 2004
    Quad Sillies
  11. cheesesteak

cheesesteak Meh.

Jul 24, 2003
    15 mins...
    I was ready to 86 this show because I stopped caring about the case of the week and because of the above in spoiler text (even though I don't think it's a spoiler). I'm sticking with it since it looks like they're going to stick with the A story.

12. lambertman

lambertman To see you, Nice

Dec 20, 2002
    Indianapolis...
    Yeah, never let the disproving facts already in the thread get in the way of a great chance to be a jerk. :thumbsdown:

13. Bierboy

Bierboy Seasoned gas passer

Jun 12, 2004
    Quad Sillies
    Ouch....I'm hurt :D

14. Snappa77

Snappa77 RUDEBWOY

Feb 14, 2004
    BOSTON
    HATED this show but glad we stuck with it. I agree it has done a 180 and it has become an enjoyable show.

15. mattack

mattack Active Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    Still watching.. I thought others gave links earlier showing that this is a multi-country co-production, which is why it wasn't canned. (I presume it's expensive as heck.. though not as much as "Missing", which is on location all over Europe.)

16. sieglinde

sieglinde New Member

Aug 11, 2002
    Sebastopol, CA
    Too bad the beginning was not as good as it is now, maybe it would have been renewed and not stuck on Saturday.

17. David Ortiz

David Ortiz Yankee Fan

Jul 8, 2002
    Fresno, CA
    I've watched the first seven episodes and I am still recording it. I'll try anything with a Cylon in it.

18. cheesesteak

cheesesteak Meh.

Jul 24, 2003
    15 mins...
    It's been cancelled already?

19. markb

markb Member

Jul 24, 2002
    San Diego
    I don't think so, but very likely not to be renewed, IMO, given the continuously sinking ratings. It's too bad, because I think it's not a bad show when they aren't doing the case-of-the-week crap.

20. Maui

Maui Major Lee Oblivious

Apr 22, 2000
    Decatur, IL
    Actually, I never minded the case of the week as long as they did something with the main plot but i will say it has been more compelling in the last few weeks.