1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

'Allow Live TV on other devices' not showing up

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by buscuitboy, Jan 30, 2014.

1. buscuitboy

buscuitboy New Member

Aug 8, 2005
    Atlanta area
    I have a 4-tuner Premiere that is hard wired connected to my home network via ethernet. I now have a TiVO Mini on the way to use with it. While the mini is in transit, I thought I would check out the quick start guide & prepare my Premiere to be networked with this Mini.

In step 2, it states for a 4-tuner Premiere that I "need to turn on the 'Allow live TV sharing'” (located in ‘Settings’ > ‘Remote, CableCARD, & Devices.’). When going to this area of the settings, there is no option to 'Allow Live TV on other devices'. I have forced several connections to the TiVo servers and rebooted the TiVo several times. No luck.

The guide has connecting the mini as step 4, but does the mini really need to be on my network first & basically BEFORE I try to change (or even have access to) this setting? The mini is listed on my account online so I know its attached and related as needed.

What am I doing wrong here or what else may need to be done to get the Premiere set up properly?

2. tatergator1

tatergator1 Active Member

Mar 27, 2008
    Columbus, Ohio
    The directions are outdated. Those were written before Dynamic Tuner Allocation was added to the software. Not much to really do until the Mini arrives. When you get that setup, it will probably do 2 restart sequences for updates and such. Since the Mini is already on your Tivo account, the Premiere should already know about it. IF your having setup issues, force a connection with the Premiere. Once the Mini is hooked up and updated, the final setup screens on the Mini should finish everything up. There's no need to do anything on the Premiere since Dynamic Tuner Allocation was added.

3. buscuitboy

buscuitboy New Member

Aug 8, 2005
    Atlanta area
    Sounds good and I guess I will just wait till the mini arrives for everything to come together as needed.