1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

All Sunday News Shows have Generic Descriptions

Discussion in 'Season Pass Alerts' started by sinanju, Feb 17, 2017 at 12:09 AM.

1. sinanju

sinanju Member

Jan 3, 2005
    They all seem to be "New", but all have dates as descriptions. NBC, CBS, ABC, and CNN...

2. JoeKustra

JoeKustra Cable only TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    I see that with ABC and CNN, but not on others. I've just had an update also.

Seems that new date feature is getting more common on many series and late night. I wonder why? Could it help a 1P? Seems like extra work.

3. sinanju

sinanju Member

Jan 3, 2005
    I just forced a connection and:

- CNN's Sunday lineup is all dates, starting with Inside Politics and ending with Fareed Zakaria GPS
    - ABC's This Week has a date description
    - CBS's Sunday Morning doesn't even have a date description.
    - NBC's Meet The Press ibid.
    - FOX's Fox News Sunday ibid.

4. sinanju

sinanju Member

Jan 3, 2005
    Oh... and looking out to the next week on ABC, a similar problem exists for all of the Oscar specials they're running starting with Barbara Walters at 2PM up to and including the opening ceremony at 7PM.

5. JoeKustra

JoeKustra Cable only TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    My last two updates have not had any content. I will probably match your guide tomorrow.

While the date is new, is the lack of guests new? I don't see any on Screener. I usually only watch Reliable Sources and MTP.

Rovi data really sucks.