1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

All HD screens on BOLT ?

Discussion in 'TiVo Bolt DVR/Streamer' started by I_am_not_randy, Jan 9, 2017.

1. I_am_not_randy

I_am_not_randy Member

Oct 29, 2010
    For a while on my TIVO premere, control screens were being migrated from SD to HD. At some point that appeared to stop and there is a mix of HD and SD screens.

Is the BOLT finally all HD screens ?

2. BigJimOutlaw

BigJimOutlaw Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2004
    After the last software update virtually all screens are HD on the Bolt now, except for Guided Setup and (ironically) the video resolution selection screen.

3. I_am_not_randy

I_am_not_randy Member

Oct 29, 2010
    Based on your response, I would guess that the guided setup and resolution screen MUST be SD, as a lowest common denominator thing. If a TV doesn't have HD capabilities, the TIVO power up default is SD and guided setup runs in SD. The resolution selection menu would need to display in SD as well for a similar reason. Just a guess though.

4. atmuscarella

atmuscarella Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2005
    Rochester NY
    TiVo Bolts only have HDMI outputs so they may have no concern or consideration for old SD analog TVs as they don't have an analog output to even connect to them.

5. krkaufman

krkaufman Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2003
    Though they got there, partly, by neglecting a few screens... such as the MoCA custom settings dialog (missing) and the network status page (which shows no MoCA statistics, on a MoCA-connected BOLT).

6. aphoid

aphoid New Member

Jul 7, 2013
    If you've got another TiVo in the house, the screen for looking at the remote box's recordings is also SD.

7. compnurd

compnurd Active Member

Oct 6, 2011
    Not here. Bolt looking at bolt is HD