1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AirPlay, Sllingbox & TiVo

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by jacbec, Jan 28, 2013.

1. jacbec

jacbec Member

May 15, 2012
    Louisville, CO
    I was wondering if I could use AirPlay, Slingbox & TiVo to watch my TiVo recordings away from home on a TV?

2. rainwater

rainwater Active Member

Sep 21, 2004
    Yes, assuming you have an Apple TV, you can airplay from the iPhone or iPad SlingPlayer client. Or you could just use HDMI out from a laptop to a TV and do it for free.

3. jacbec

jacbec Member

May 15, 2012
    Louisville, CO
    So I connect the Slingbox to my TiVo Premier at home, then when I am away I use an Apple TV connected to a TV and select the program I have recorded on my home TiVo with my iPhone, iPad or Macbook Pro and AirPlay it to the local Apple TV/TV is that right?

4. ShayL

ShayL Member

Jul 17, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    Yes as long as the appletv and iPhone / iPad are on the same network.

5. buscuitboy

buscuitboy New Member

Aug 8, 2005
    Atlanta area
    I sure hope their new line of slingboxes are better than their last cause I was NOT impressed with the previous models. Not great quality, but the biggest thing was that they CONSTANTLY locked up on me and I had to perform hard reboots all the time (unplug power supply from wall outlet). Needless to say it was boxed up and returned to the store.

6. rainwater

rainwater Active Member

Sep 21, 2004
    I've have a Pro-HD that is several years old and is used several hours a week remotely and I don't remember ever rebooting it manually unless I was reconfiguring it.

7. Chimpware

Chimpware New Member

Jan 30, 2002
    Quality and stability are much improved. Newer models have better video and almost never require reboot.

8. jacbec

jacbec Member

May 15, 2012
    Louisville, CO
    Probably a dumb question, but why can't I just do the same thing with AirPlay mirroring? I tried but it doesn't seem to work.