1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Advertising Michael Phelps, Bounty etc...

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by londawg, Mar 27, 2013.

1. londawg

londawg New Member

Mar 10, 2013
    San Diego,...
    Is there a way disable the advertising banner that attaches itself to the pause bar? I don't mind if they appear on the TiVo Central screen, but it takes up space on the pause bar. I know if you press the down key it goes away, but I'm paying for TiVo hardware and programming and dont need to be told to check out products and services I don't want or need.

Thanks for any suggestions

2. ThAbtO

ThAbtO TiVoholic by the bay

Apr 6, 2000
    SF Bay Area
    Nope, only thing there is a clear the bar from the screen.

After you paused and pressed down, press Select-Play-Select-Pause-Select

This only works when there is a pause ad available. Re-do the sequence to disable. It makes the onscreen display get off quicker.

3. moyekj

moyekj Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2006
    Mission...
    Entering Select-Play-Select-Pause-Select backdoor while playing back a Showcase video works without needing a "pause ad". A reboot resets the backdoor so this needs to be re-entered after each reboot. This SPSPS backdoor is about the only one I use after SPS30S to enter 30 sec skip which is sticky and doesn't need to be reset after a reboot.

4. NotNowChief

NotNowChief Addicted to TiVo

Mar 29, 2012
    New York...
    You know, the incessant Bounty ads make me sure to never buy their product because the constant ad on TiVo is so annoying.

I wonder if they know that too much is worse advertising than too little.

5. Teeps

Teeps Active Member

Aug 16, 2001
    Torrance,Cal...
    :up:

And, it's not even a good deal...

6. Time_Lord

Time_Lord Member

Jun 4, 2012
    I say keep taking the free coupons and toss them in the garbage.... TiVo probably gets paid for each time you choose it and P&G pays postage to mail the coupon out.

Only one who really makes out is the post office, and we all know they need all the help they can get!