1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Admiral Remote Code

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by teacher4life, Jan 4, 2006.

1. teacher4life

teacher4life New Member

Jan 4, 2006
    I have an admiral tv. I need the code. Some say 0091 is the code, however, when u go in to select the "brand" which brand do u select? Admiral is not one of the choices. :confused:

2. morgantown

morgantown DTV + Tvio = ;-)

Mar 29, 2005
    Wild...
    I can not recall the code at this moment but try what has been mentioned. Entering the correct code in the proper sequence is what is needed, not going through menus.

Edmund "the remote guru" has most of them right.

Edit: That code is what has been posted before by Edmund for your TV.

3. Edmund

Edmund Remote Czar TCF Club

Nov 8, 2002
    Ca
    Me and the admiral Tv code date back to this thread, at remotecentral. I came up code 0091 because it matches UEI code 0463, which I learned of in that thread. So just try the damn code. :)

4. bwillette

bwillette New Member

Jan 9, 2004
    If that code doesn't work, 0077 worked for my wife's old Admiral TV.

5. SteelersFan

SteelersFan "On Welfare"

Sep 6, 2004
    Saugus, CA
    Edmund, I could not find the code for my son's Insignia after much searching (see my thread here). My son is a bit disappointed because his DTivo was a Christmas gift and doesn't work together with his TV as our other 3 units do so any help you could give would be much appreciated. Thanks!

6. Edmund

Nov 8, 2002
    Ca
    In a long thread at Remote Central, some have had success with tivo code 0091, the admiral/emerson tv code, others with the mitsubishi tv codes.

7. SteelersFan

SteelersFan "On Welfare"

Sep 6, 2004
    Saugus, CA
    Thanks, but still no luck... :confused:

8. teacher4life

teacher4life New Member

Jan 4, 2006
    :( Edmund, does it matter that I have DVR R10? I tried code 0091 and 0077 and they both didn't work. Do you think I should get a different remote?

9. Edmund

Nov 8, 2002
    Ca
    It being a R10 remote wouldn't matter. Does it surprise me that Admiral tvs are using a new code, no. Back 2002 admiral was a leftover house band for Wards, I have no idea who might own the brand now? At this point I would try a codesearch.