1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

adding season pass slow.... / upgrading

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by leiff, Jun 17, 2012.

1. leiff

leiff Member

Aug 24, 2005
    I have s3 TiVo. When I add a season pass it takes at least 3 minutes before I can do anything. Would this be faster if I deleted some? If so is there a a way online I can delete them faster? Most of my season passes are for "first run" and will never run again I'm expecting delivery of xl4 in a few days to replace my S3. Do I go online to migrate SP's between boxes? Is it also a good idea to remove old SP's before I do this? Is their any pre- maintenance I should do? Do I get my thumb ratings moved over? Anything else I should know about switching?

2. ggieseke

ggieseke Active Member

May 30, 2008
    Fewer=faster.

You can manage, copy and delete your Season Passes online at www.tivo.com/spm but Wishlists have to be done manually. Both boxes have to have a valid subscription so don't cancel the S3 until you're done.

Your thumbs ratings don't transfer.

3. Dan203

Dan203 Super Moderator Staff Member TCF Club

Apr 17, 2000
    Nevada
    Copying SPs on the website is really easy. It basically has a list of all your SPs, you check the ones you want, and then click transfer and select the destination TiVo. Only the ones you check are copied, so it shouldn't matter how many are on the S3. Although I guess it could effect how quickly the list loads. But it's just once, rather then waiting every time you delete one from the TiVo itself.

Dan