1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Adding new channels and CableCard

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by abovethesink, Oct 15, 2013.

1. abovethesink

abovethesink Member

Aug 26, 2013
    If a cable provider adds a channel, say FXX, do you have to do anything to get it or should it just show up? I know you'd need to add it to your guide, but for whatever reason I TiVo won't tune FXX for me and I'm not sure why. I have a tuning adapter too if that matters.

EDIT: Time Warner Cable

2. dlfl

dlfl Cranky old novice

Jul 6, 2006
    Near...
    You shouldn't have to do anything and you should get a message about it, although perhaps later than the lineup change. As usual, there are ways this may not work so you might have to make a phone call or two and/or power-cycle your TA and restart your Tivo.

3. mdscott

mdscott Active Member

Jun 26, 2002
    Hermosa...
    The new channel is automatically added to you My Channels list which can be a problem for example if it is HD and you are working with an older DVR.

The same will occur if an existing channel is relocated. In this case Season Passes will follow if none of the channels identifying metadata changes.

michael

4. CoxInPHX

CoxInPHX COX Communications

Jan 14, 2011
    Phoenix, AZ
    Most providers still have FXX in a sports package, as it was recently changed from the Fox Soccer Channel. I assume this also applies to TWC.

Until the provider moves it out, into another tier/package, you would need to add the relevant sports package to your account.

5. rainwater

rainwater Active Member

Sep 21, 2004
    You aren't notified of channel renames. So I don't think you will be notified for FXX since it was the Fox Soccer Channel. I've seen a few cases where they did delete and add a new channel but in general it will just change in your guide.

I do think TiVo should tell you when a channel is renamed. I don't know why they don't.