1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Adding Moca injector

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by musictoo, Dec 23, 2013.

1. musictoo

musictoo New Member

Oct 8, 2003
    Originally set up Roamio Pro with ethernet and told it to create a moca network. I now want to use a moca injector and move the pro to a location that's not wired for network. How do I do this?

2. Dan203

Dan203 Super Moderator Staff Member TCF Club

Apr 17, 2000
    Nevada
    Install the MoCa "injector" somewhere that has access to both Ethernet and coax. Then just set the TiVo to MoCa only mode.

3. musictoo

musictoo New Member

Oct 8, 2003
    Yea, did that and had no luck. Tried it before the splitter and after the splitter. I must be doing something wrong.

4. bostlaw

bostlaw New Member

May 16, 2005
    Disconnect the cable from the back of the modem (the on attached to the "cable in" connector on the modem)....connect that cable to the "cable in" connector on the Moca adapter....connect a coax cable from the Moca "cable out" to the "cable in" on the modem...then connect ethernet cable from Moca adapter to an ethernet out port on the router....plug in the power, and you should be all set.

5. musictoo

musictoo New Member

Oct 8, 2003
    I am just using an injector with a pro and 4 mini's. Getting c53 and other errors, says it can't find a dhcp server and other error messages. The pro was originally set up to create a moca network but was moved to an area without Cat5. Wanted to use a moca injector at the head end. I must be doing something wrong.

6. Dan203

Dan203 Super Moderator Staff Member TCF Club

Apr 17, 2000
    Nevada
    Disconnect all the Minis and work on the Roamio first. Connect the MoCa bridge to your router and then setup the Roamio to use MoCa only mode. Make sure all the lights on yourMoCa bridge are lit solid. If they're not unplug both the bridge and the Roamio and then plug them back in. Once those lights are solid then you should have a good MoCa connection. Start adding the Minis back one by one.

Also you don't have FIOS do you? Because their routers already have MoCa built in, so that could be causing interference with what you're trying to do. If you do have FIOS then you shouldn't need the MoCa bridge.