1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Added new video to My Tivo Recordings on PC, how to force Tivo to see new video?

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by Shanezam203, Jan 13, 2013.

1. Shanezam203

Shanezam203 New Member

Jul 27, 2007
    I have Tivo Desktop Plus and routed my videos to play from my PC to my videos and it's worked well. Today I added some new videos to the folder on the PC but they are not showing up on the Tivo.

I have restarted the Tivo by power cycling it & restarted Tivo Desktop Plus but I still am missing the files on the Tivo in my computer folder, any thoughts?

Thank you,

Shane

2. aadam101

aadam101 Tell me a joke

Jul 14, 2002
    Massachusetts
    This is why I dumped Tivo Desktop and started using pytivo instead. The best advice I can offer is to switch to pytivo. It works perfect all the time.

3. Dan203

Dan203 Super Moderator Staff Member TCF Club

Apr 17, 2000
    Nevada
    Are the files ompatible types? TiVo Desktop Plus still only supports certain video types. If the videos are not compatible it will simply ignore them. pyTiVo can be a bit of a pain to install but it supports a LOT more formats, and once it's setup you can pretty much forget about it so it's worth the effort.

Dan

4. aaronwt

aaronwt UHD Addict

Jan 31, 2002
    Northern...
    They should show up right away. It does in my setup with TiVo Desktop. But my videos are also recorded from TiVos and just transferred to the TiVo Desktop PC. I would have thought if there was an issue a reboot would have solved it.

5. Shanezam203

Shanezam203 New Member

Jul 27, 2007
    They are working now. I forced a connection and they are showing up now.

Thanks