1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Accedo And Tivo Team Up For Tv Apps

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by sbiller, Sep 6, 2012.

1. sbiller

sbiller Active Member

May 10, 2002
    Tampa, FL
    http://www.appmarket.tv/news/1887-accedo-and-tivo-team-up-for-tv-apps.html

Accedo, a market-leading enabler of Smart TV and IPTV applications, today announced a partnership with TiVo, a leader in the advanced television entertainment market, for the launch of multiple applications for the TiVo platform.

Accedo will launch multiple applications on TiVo, starting with funspotĀ® games, initially in the US with the potential to reach customers in Europe in the near future.

2. spaldingclan

spaldingclan Member

Aug 22, 2012
    let's start by adding Amazon Prime to the tivo

3. Dan203

Dan203 Super Moderator Staff Member TCF Club

Apr 17, 2000
    Nevada
    Amazon Prime and HBOGo should be on a short list of future apps. No one really wants to play games on their TiVo. People have Xboxes or phones/tablets for that. The TiVo UI is so slow I can't imagine it will have enough power forma decent game experience.

Dan

4. sbiller

sbiller Active Member

May 10, 2002
    Tampa, FL
    I would agree that there are way more important apps than games. Its good to see that there is now an app development house in sync with the TiVo platform that should result in more apps now and in the future. I assume they have significant reuse from their other platforms so new apps should be rolled out pretty quickly.

A couple of apps I would like to see in addition to more content apps mentioned (HBOGo, Amazon Prime Streaming) is a sports app that provides a snapshot of current sports being aired, what the scores are, and quickly allows a user to switch to a game. I would also like to see an app that allows for a twitter stream next to a live video playing... so for example you would be able to watch the Bill Clinton speech and see what the twitter verse is saying about his deviation from the transcript.