1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"About a Boy","Growing Up Fisher" are repeats tonight, not new eps 2/25/14

Discussion in 'Season Pass Alerts' started by astrohip, Feb 25, 2014.

1. astrohip

astrohip Well-Known Member TCF Club

Jan 6, 2003
    Houston &...
    Both Growing Up Fisher and About a Boy are supposed to be airing episode two tonight. Guide says it, all online sites confirm it. Instead, it appears NBC is going to rerun the pilot episode of each. Which only aired a couple days ago, and are available at NBC.com.

Way to piss off new viewers, NBC. Can you do nothing right?

2. astrohip

astrohip Well-Known Member TCF Club

Jan 6, 2003
    Houston &...
    Oh, forgot to add, I'm guessing when they run the actual 2nd episodes next week, our DVRs won't record them, thinking they are repeats. Be prepared for manual tweaks.

Can you do nothing right, NBC?

3. unitron

unitron Active Member

Apr 28, 2006
    semi-coastal NC
    Not to mention, that since they ran the pilots after live shows in which I had no interest so that the real start time was "whenever", they sort of made them TiVo-impractical, unless I wanted an extra hour or two of end padding taking up hard drive space, and showed no signs of re-airing the pilots in a regular slot, I figured they didn't really want me as a viewer of these shows.

Now I've found out the pilots were going to be available in a "normal" slot, but by keeping that information from disseminating far enough ahead of time, they've still managed to lose me.

I wish I were stupid enough to make big bucks as a network exec.

4. dbranco

dbranco Member

Nov 20, 2003
    ach, you're right! Glad to have this forum for such things; I'll go check my TiVo now.

5. 59er

59er TiVotee

Mar 27, 2008
    New York, NY
    I found this out when I went to watch these eps last night; out of concern for the mislabeling leading to missed recordings in future, I've temporarily changed both season passes to record "everything." If I eventually get episode 2 and 3 without issues, then I'll switch back to New only.

6. dbranco

dbranco Member

Nov 20, 2003
    Oops, glad you posted this. I had changed it to "New & Repeats" but you're right - N&R would just get repeats that the TiVo hadn't recorded yet. The next episode showing in the guide is still Ep. 3. Hopefully that will be 'fixed' very soon!

7. mattack

mattack Active Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    Actually, they aired in the time slots they were supposed to.. I almost said "exactly", but since I pad almost everything by a minute in either direction, I won't go that far.

The prime time Olympics was all edited, so ended on time.

8. MPSAN

MPSAN Active Member

Jun 20, 2009
    Portland,...
    This was a pain! The next thing you know is that NBC will get rid of Leno.

9. Mar 2, 2014 #9 of 10
    laria

laria Librocubicularist

Sep 7, 2000
    Seacoast, NH
    My TiVo had the upcoming airings flagged as new, because all my season passes are set to new only, and they are scheduled to record.

10. dbranco

dbranco Member

Nov 20, 2003
    Good news - thanks!