1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AArgh! Comcast sucks!

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by lgnad, Jun 2, 2014.

1. lgnad

lgnad Pantless Mofo

Feb 14, 2013
    Massachusetts
    Ok, so I got lifetime on a base Premiere, dropped in a 2tb drive to prep for gifting it to my parents. Today I took out the cablecard and turned it in at the local office, then gave the tivo to my parents, got it moved to their account etc etc.

I came back home tonight and discovered the idiot deactivated the WRONG card and killed my XL4, so it missed a bunch of recordings tonight! AAAARRRRGHHH!

So... what are my odds: if I go down there tomorrow, and get them to re-activate the correct one... will I have to re-pair it, or will the pairing survive?

2. mchief

mchief Morey

Sep 10, 2005
    Alexandria, VA
    You can avoid a trip by using the Comcast Cable Card Hotline. Usually works, at least it did for me. Be sure you explain your deactivation problem 1-877-405-2298

3. lgnad

lgnad Pantless Mofo

Feb 14, 2013
    Massachusetts
    Ok good, they can be such a bureaucracy at times that I was foreseeing this being even more of a cluster-f

So, this should be all set by Friday, then lol

4. telemark

telemark New Member

Nov 12, 2013
    I called the activation hotline for my 2nd card, and they assumed I was replacing and deactivated the 1st card.

I caught it a few mins later, and they somehow added back the first card without asking for all the details again.

YMMV.

5. lgnad

lgnad Pantless Mofo

Feb 14, 2013
    Massachusetts
    Wow, they actually were able to re-activate it! Now I'm waiting to see if they are going to bill me for two cards or three. lol
    ty for the support, folks!