1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Just a note that the site indexes are still building. Until they are done, anything that uses search will be affected such as normal search, post history, etc. It works from the oldest post first and is building forward in time. We could have waited for it all to be done, but hey, who uses search anyway? :)
    Dismiss Notice

A couple of streaming questions with Roamio

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by lreinstein, Oct 28, 2013.

1. lreinstein

lreinstein New Member

Nov 16, 2007
    I am really impressed with my new Tivo Roamio.

I love the fact that it can stream ... and that out of home (OOH) streaming is here.

1. If I stream to my iPad can I also then use my Apple TV to Mirror the stream to my large screen plasma? (Though this may seem pointless, it may be useful when I travel for vacations)

2. Is there an equivalent Tivo App to use with Roamio for my MacBook? Is this something that is being planned?
  2. Devx

Devx New Member

Jun 1, 2006
    1. Airplay is not supported from the Tivo App, for in home or OOH streaming.

2. Not familiar with apps on the Mac but there is an equivalent to the Tivo Desktop software for the PC. It allows transferring shows from the Roamio and back. It does not allow the streaming that the iOS app has.