1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

72 Hours

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Jayjoans, Jun 7, 2013.

1. Jayjoans

Jayjoans New Member

Jan 22, 2003
    CA
    not surprised there isn't a thread for this yet, not worth the bandwidth to report how terrible it is.

2. David Platt

David Platt !Texas TCF Club

Dec 13, 2001
    Portland, OR
    I'll have to disagree. I went in with extremely low expectations based on the hour-long dreck that preceded it ('The Hero'), but I found myself really enjoying it.

3. Donbadabon

Donbadabon Geocacher

Mar 5, 2002
    Franklin, TN
    I am on the fence.

I enjoyed the challenge, the swim alone would have exhausted me.

I thought for the final case, when they said everyone had to touch it, that everyone had to dive down and grab the case. I think that would be better than letting just one person grab it and bring it back to shore.

4. getreal

getreal postcrastinator

Sep 29, 2003
    Earth
    The "host" was clearly trying to do his best impression of Jeff Probst from "Survivor".

I watched it and found it to be not very compelling television, though I stuck with it for the duration. If there is another episode, I won't be back. :thumbsdown:

P.S. I wonder if the $100k prize is to be split among the three team members to be paid out over the course of 40 years ... :D

5. Jayjoans

Jayjoans New Member

Jan 22, 2003
    CA
    concur, even down to the "Come on in guys!"

I laughed at the lady that said if they win she could pay off her $127k mortgage and change her life....uh...no. $100,000/3 minus tax, she'd be lucky to get $25k. I think I'd rather go on Wheel of Fortune.

Hilarious of they each got $625 a year for 40 years, enjoy that $52 check every month. :)

6. sushikitten

sushikitten 143 down, ??? to go! TCF Club

Jan 27, 2005
    DC-ish Suburbia
    I've recorded it but not watched. I take it it's not a serial show? Each ep stands on its own? (I don't know much about it--I just saw an ad in EW or something and set up a SP.)

If its not great, I don't need to waste my time on it (I have a LOT of back logged shows).

7. Donbadabon

Donbadabon Geocacher

Mar 5, 2002
    Franklin, TN
    Correct, the episode was a stand-alone - one team won and next week will be a new group of players.

8. heySkippy

heySkippy oldweakandpathetic

Jul 2, 2001
    Sarasota, FL
    It wasn't a terrible way to waste 40 minutes, but I doubt it'll bring me back week after week.