1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

666 Park Avenue - pilot - 09-30-2012 OAD

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by tivotvaddict, Sep 30, 2012.

1. tivotvaddict

tivotvaddict Creatively Challenge

Aug 11, 2005
    In front of...
    Seriously creepy!! Much more intesne than I epxected. Terry O'Quinn is a favorite actor of mine, and he carries off the role quite well. I look forward to learning more aobut the characters. Who is the girl who is stealing things? Did Olivi really have a child? And what exactly did that young couple just sign??

Season Pass - check.

tta

2. zordude

zordude WDW Fan TCF Club

Sep 23, 2003
    Malden, MA
    I liked it. It is probably doomed.

3. tivotvaddict

tivotvaddict Creatively Challenge

Aug 11, 2005
    In front of...
    Ha - I was just thinking the same thing. The special effects are so much better than Once Upon a Time and that show has made it two seasons ... maybe there's hope for it after all.

4. Oct 1, 2012 #4 of 25
    rhuntington3

rhuntington3 Howdy!

May 1, 2001
    Plano, TX
    Oh, darn. Is the first episode got a repeat showing coming up? Forgot about this one.

5. Oct 1, 2012 #5 of 25
    debtoine

debtoine WTTWDC

May 17, 2001
    NJ
    I don't know if it repeats, but ABC usually has the episodes on their site to stream the following day.

deb

6. Oct 1, 2012 #6 of 25
    Cainebj

Cainebj Active Member

Nov 10, 2006
    New York
    it had a serious Rosemary's Baby feel to it :)

7. Oct 1, 2012 #7 of 25
    nirisahn

nirisahn Active Member TCF Club

Nov 19, 2005
    Denver area
    Too creepy for me, and I usually like creepy. I really hated the elevator scene.

And what lawyer signs contracts without reading them first?

8. Oct 1, 2012 #8 of 25
    JYoung

JYoung Series 3

Jan 16, 2002
    Los Angeles
    This.

I liked it though so it stays for a while.

Although the geek in me would like to see the Winchester Brothers show up.

9. Oct 1, 2012 #9 of 25
    Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    For dramatic purposes, they only showed the minute it took them to sign them, not the three hours before when he was going over them with a fine-toothed comb. :D

10. DevdogAZ

DevdogAZ Give em Hell, Devils

Apr 16, 2003
    Arizona
    You're probably right. Ratings were pretty low. According to TVbythenumbers.com:

If you remember, Pan Am's ratings quickly tanked, and it was canceled by mid-season. If 666 Park Ave. stays near 2.0, it will probably make it for a full season, but if it falls much below that, especially with a 3+ lead in from Revenge, then ABC will shut it down quickly.

11. gossamer88

gossamer88 HDTV Snob

Jul 26, 2005
    Da boogie...
    I liked it. Kinda makes me think it was inspired by American Horror Story. O'Quinn's smile at the end was priceless.

12. Jon J

Jon J Curmudgeon

Aug 23, 2000
    Music City USA
    While lit from bottom left, the 999 shadow on the building is inverted to 666 but not Park Avenue. How does that work? Or, did my eyes simply play tricks?

And, if you as an apartment building manager were informed one of your tenants had been seriously injured by one of the building's elevators, would you simply lie back and continue to sip your coffee or would you be running for the phone to call the lawyers?

13. SeanC

SeanC ECT

Dec 30, 2003
    Someplace
    This could possibly be a huge spoiler for the entirety of this show, but it is only speculation on my part, you have been warned:

I notice a lot of story elements in 666 are shared with the 1997 movie The Devil's Advocate. The lawyer and wife coming to NY. The awesome apartment they get as a benefit of the job. Gah, there was a bunch of stuff that I noticed that was very similar between the to, it makes me think that this show is actually the televised series for the original movie. And if that is the case, then if you've seen the movie then there are probably going to be many plot elements that should be a surprise but won't be. I'm not blaming anyone or upset by this, I'm just a fan of the movie and from what I've seen so far I really like this show, but I don't think I'm going to be surprised by much.

14. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    Evil works in mysterious ways.

15. gchance

gchance 4 8 15 16 23 42

Dec 6, 2002
    Olivehurst, CA
    I noticed the same thing right away, but most of the events you mentioned happened in this episode.

According to Wikipedia, it's based on a novel. I looked it up on Amazon, $2 for Kindle, $10.71 printed.

So is this, uh...
    what happens when Smokey leaves the Island?

Greg

16. Church AV Guy

Church AV Guy Active Member

Jan 19, 2005
    high desert...
    Actually, the vibe I got from it wasn't so much The Shining, or Devil's Advocate, but Needful Things. There are a lot of similarities in all of these, and I expect it's because the subject is the same, but it was Needful Things that first came to mind.

17. Jon J

Jon J Curmudgeon

Aug 23, 2000
    Music City USA
    Swerving slightly, I assume Terry O'Quinn will no longer be on Hawaii Five-0.

18. Kamakzie

Kamakzie Are you serious bro?

Jan 7, 2004
    MI
    Until this show gets canceled.

19. hefe

hefe Rebus Philbin

Dec 5, 2000
    CO via Chi-town
    I thought the same when Gavin said something about people "needing things."

20. ElJay

ElJay Active Member

Apr 6, 2005
    I liked it. It reminded me of those 13-episode summer mystery shows that NBC ("Persons Unknown") and CBS ("Harper's Island") tried out a couple of years ago. I guess we'll see if if they can keep it interesting.