1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

60 Minutes 9/30/12 - Afghanistan and Arnold Schwarzenegger

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by cwerdna, Oct 6, 2012.

1. cwerdna

cwerdna Proud Tivolutionary

Feb 22, 2001
    SF Bay Area, CA
    Anyone watch last weeks ep?

I liked the interview w/Arnold Schwarzenegger. Part 1 at http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=7423834n. There's at least a second part. I haven't compared what's online to what was aired (which I watched on TiVo).

I didn't know about how his parents thought he was gay since he had all these pictures of naked men on his bedroom walls. :)

2. cwerdna

Feb 22, 2001
    SF Bay Area, CA
    No response?

I don't know if this is normal or a coincidence but on my cable lineup, I see a bunch of Schwarzenegger movies being broadcast in the next two weeks like these:
    Twins - I still need to watch this.
    Kindergarten Cop (source of a lot of the sound clips used in the hilarious Arnold prank calls at http://yupislyr.com/drewmike/sounds1.html. Unfortunately, some of the links are dead/lead to invalid .mp3 files.)
    Conan
    The Terminator - I set this to record and (re-)watched most of it earlier today. The beginning was cutoff due to bad guide data on TiVo.
    Terminator 2
    Terminator 3 (in Spanish)
    Junior - Was pretty funny the first time I saw it. Some (a lot?) of it was filmed at UC Berkeley.
    Jingle All the Way
    True Lies

I'm sure it's no coincidence that he'll be on Meet the Press and The Tonight Show with Jay Leno.

3. sieglinde

sieglinde New Member

Aug 11, 2002
    Sebastopol, CA
    The coincidence is that he is shilling a book. He was also on the Daily Show with Jon Stewart. Pretty normal to go to all the talk shows that will have you.

4. TheMerk

TheMerk Always Bid First

Feb 26, 2001
    Salt Lake...
    The cable channels couldn't air Arnold's movies while he was in office. They're making up for lost time now that he's out.

5. sieglinde

sieglinde New Member

Aug 11, 2002
    Sebastopol, CA
    Actually, doesn't that only apply to California channels?

6. DeDondeEs

DeDondeEs Well-Known Member TCF Club

Feb 20, 2004
    Las Vegas, NV
    So does that mean they never showed Ronald Reagan movies on cable channels across the US when he was president?

7. BrandonRe

BrandonRe Well-Known Member TCF Club

Jul 14, 2006
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I thought that was only in effect during active campaigns. But not living in CA I only marginally paid attention and could very likely be wrong.

8. cwerdna

Feb 22, 2001
    SF Bay Area, CA
    Exactly. I think that only was an issue when he was running or when he was still eligible to run again as governor.

I was living outside CA when Arnold was first elected.

9. sieglinde

sieglinde New Member

Aug 11, 2002
    Sebastopol, CA
    I think it was only broadcast TV that did not show Ronald Reagan and Schwartzeneger movies. I don't remember any prohibitions on Jessie Ventura movies. (That would make the first Preditor movie an interesting thing to try to program) Actually I found some ruling about this FCC rule that since the movie was not a campaign ad, any movie with a candiate in it could be shown.