1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

6 Tuner question in Carolinas

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by NIGHT STALKER, Dec 6, 2013.

1. NIGHT STALKER

NIGHT STALKER New Member

Feb 5, 2009
    Lexington, SC
    Just received my my new Roamio Plus and two minis. We are on TWC here and in my research, TWC only supports 2 tuner cards and in their boxes as well. I am upgrading from an HD and believed from conversations with cable reps and Tivo reps that a firmware update would enable additional tuners. We are located in Lexington, SC. Am I FUBARed? :confused:

2. JosephB

JosephB Member

Nov 19, 2010
    Birmingham, AL
    I believe FCC regulations require that they support at least four tuners

3. palover

palover New Member

Jan 16, 2013
    NC
    TW only supplies boxes with 2 tuners (or so I was told), but I don't see that affecting Tivo boxes. I've got TW in NC and a Premiere 4, and all four tuners worked fine from day one.

4. mpaquette

mpaquette New Member

Aug 1, 2005
    South Carolina
    I'm also in Lexington, SC and on TWC. I don't have a Roamio yet, but I do have 2 Premieres with cable cards. The firmware update that will be installed after you activate them support more than 2 tuners. I'll check my firmware and post it here later this evening.

5. NIGHT STALKER

NIGHT STALKER New Member

Feb 5, 2009
    Lexington, SC
    Thanks all for the info. Did get them connected and working :) The TWC rep was helpful and paired the card to my new Tivo no problem. All six tuners work great!! Two issues though, the Tivo tech rep I called to ask a question told me point blank no question the new Roamio has a built-in TA and I can bag the old one. NOT TRUE. It is still needed! Don't know why they would say this? Also one mini was defective out the box and was returned. New Roamio is fast! and mini is great too.