1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

$6.95 MSD on Premier unit?

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by Popasmurf, Sep 15, 2012.

1. Popasmurf

Popasmurf TiVo Holic

Jun 10, 2002
    Illinois
    So my mother is interested in a new 4 tuner Premier. I called TiVo and they told me she can't transfer her current $6.95 MSD to the premier, only as far as the Series 3. Has anyone else ran into this? Has anyone had luck getting the old $6.95 MSD on Premier units?

2. aaronwt

aaronwt UHD Addict

Jan 31, 2002
    Northern...
    Mine was transferred when the Premiere launched 2.5 years ago.

3. hasservision

hasservision TiVo Tinkerer

Jul 16, 2007
    Pacifica, CA
    I started off with a S2DT, and I got a MSD when I got my Premiere last year.
    Only thing is, my S2 has been broken and I haven't been using it for months, I just haven't canceled service to it yet, plus I would lose the MSD then as well.

4. socrplyr

socrplyr Active Member

Jul 19, 2006
    Generally, the Premiere units are not plan compatible with the older plans. If you look at the Terms and Conditions the plans have been spelled out differently with different rates etc. Now that being said, some people have been able to get theirs transferred, but the official line has been "no" for a very long time. You do have the ability to call them up and see if you get a nicer CSR, but there are no guarantees.

5. steve614

steve614 what ru lookin at?

May 1, 2006
    Dallas, TX
    TiVo might allow it if you offer to pay full price (not the subsidized price on the website) for the Premiere 4.