1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

$50 of Stream (or anything) @ Best Buy....

Discussion in 'TiVo Stream' started by Aero 1, Jan 21, 2013.

1. Aero 1

Aero 1 Member

Aug 8, 2007
    ...with a Mastercard and this coupon: http://image.emailinfo2.bestbuy.com/lib/fef41d77766c04/m/43/13729-2_MasterCardPromo_Coupon_final.pdf

its a $50 off of $100 or more when you use the coupon and a mastercard. so you can use it on anything that is not in the fine print.

got it from here: http://slickdeals.net/permadeal/881...d:+SlickdealsnetFP+(SlickDeals.net+Frontpage)

the best buy sales idiots refused to take it because they said it was fake, its not from best buy (although its from bestbuy.com), they've never seen it, you know the drill. so i went to the store manager and he rung it up the right way.

got the tivo stream for $85.

2. JFalc

JFalc New Member

May 3, 2005
    Worked for me like a charm.

I brought the item to checkout....The coupon scanned and viola, $50 less.

No manager..no hassles.

I was coming to post here about it and saw someone else did. Get to Bestbuy with this coupon if you are interested.

-John

3. Arcady

Arcady Stargate Fan

Oct 14, 2004
    Philadelphia...
    Awesome, thanks for the link.

4. sbiller

sbiller Active Member

May 10, 2002
    Tampa, FL
    Paid $85.09 out the door after the $50 off $100. Very nice deal. Used my Mastercard debit card and it worked as well. The CSR had to ask his manager how to properly apply the coupon but its legit.

5. expmag

expmag RehobothJeff

Dec 12, 2004
    Rehoboth...
    $79.99 for the stream in tax free Delaware. There was a big sign by the register with a correction saying that the coupon was good only January 21. Glad I drove out there tonight.

6. innocentfreak

innocentfreak Active Member

Aug 25, 2001
    Florida
    I had a feeling I posted in the wrong forum this morning ;)

7. Aero 1

Aero 1 Member

Aug 8, 2007
    well, it was apparently a clusterf*ck like i experienced. Best Buy changed the expiration date, added new restrictions, called people liars.

http://consumerist.com/2013/01/22/b...oupon-on-internet-forgets-how-internet-works/

http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-B...s/50-MasterCard-Coupon-Correction/td-p/652207

Glad i jumped on it and argued, it got me an $85 tivo stream

8. dianebrat

dianebrat drastically off narrative TCF Club

Jul 6, 2002
    boston'ish
    wow, I'm glad I did it also! however my experience was painless, they just scanned the coupon in and away I went with an $85 Tivo Stream.

9. Arcady

Arcady Stargate Fan

Oct 14, 2004
    Philadelphia...
    Coupon was denied today. I didn't have time to go to Best Buy yesterday.

10. magnus

magnus Tivo User

Nov 12, 2004
    Texas
    Best buy sucks. Not going there ever again.

11. Arcady

Arcady Stargate Fan

Oct 14, 2004
    Philadelphia...
    I even have a Best Buy MasterCard. They still wouldn't take the coupon.

Whatever. They changed the annual fee to $79, so I'm going to pay off the card and close it. I do 99% of my shopping on Amazon anyway.

12. mattack

mattack Active Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    get an amazon card and you'll get 3% back at Amazon.

13. Arcady

Arcady Stargate Fan

Oct 14, 2004
    Philadelphia...
    I just got one of those. $0 annual fee and a $30 Amazon gift card after first purchase. Bye-bye Best Buy!

14. philhu

philhu User Since Day ONE!

Apr 11, 2001
    Funcity, MA
    Yes, instead, go to the other electronic B&M stores left in existence.

The coupon problem was a Mastercard International problem. They setup the coupon, customized it for BBY and released it without the correct restrictions.

You know, sometimes mistakes happen. I asked on 1/22 about it, was very nice and they overrode the price to match the coupon for a Tivo Premiere4

BTW, Premiere4 units at BBY right now are $199

15. Chris Gerhard

Chris Gerhard Well-Known Member

Apr 27, 2002
    AR
    I used the coupon on January 21 and my girlfriend was going to use one on January 22 but a big sign stating the promotion was over and apologizing for any inconvenience greeted us at the door. It was still a nice deal and I can't imagine complaining about what happened. I suspected the deal wouldn't last long so I was at Best Buy early on the 21st.

16. smc03

smc03 New Member

Sep 8, 2012
    sorry i missed this one. been wanting to pick up a stream.