1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

5 video limit on tivo desktop

Discussion in 'TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo' started by B Smooth, Mar 15, 2014.

1. B Smooth

B Smooth New Member

Jan 7, 2000
    Mckinney,TX,USA
    Is there a limit to the number of videos that TiVo desktop can push to roamio? I have folder set up to automatically push to TiVo. No matter how many videos are in the PC folder, only 5 videos will be pushed to roamio. When I delete a file from TiVo, it will download the next video.

Am I missing a preference? There is plenty of space available on the hard drive.

2. unitron

unitron Active Member

Apr 28, 2006
    semi-coastal NC
    Are you using a version of TiVo Desktop no one else has?

I was unaware it had push capability.

3. tlp95129

tlp95129 Member

May 16, 2008
    California
    If you're using Tivo Desktop Plus, I think you can just go to top menu item View->Published Video, find the folder you're using, click Properties and then alter the "Keep At Most" menu item as needed. I just usually set it at "All Episodes".

4. ggieseke

ggieseke Active Member

May 30, 2008
    Older versions of Desktop Plus had a "push" limit (I think the choices were 1, 5, 10, 15 & 25 episodes), but 2.8.x added All to the choices. What version are you running?

One thing that I've never understood is that they broke the ability to auto-push .TiVo files in 2.7.x and never fixed it. Raw MPG files still work fine.

There's a post buried somewhere in the archives where I figured out how to hack an XML file that let early versions like 2.5.1 transfer "all" but I'm not going to go digging for it.

5. B Smooth

B Smooth New Member

Jan 7, 2000
    Mckinney,TX,USA
    Perfect. thank you

I'm running 2.8.3