1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

45 Minute 'Hannibal' Episode?

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by JLucPicard, May 13, 2013.

1. JLucPicard

JLucPicard Active Member TCF Club

Jul 8, 2004
    West St....
    With this week's The Office finale being 75 minutes, they've got a 45 minute episode of Hannibal scheduled.

Do you suppose the repeat of that episode (if there is one) will be in a one hour time slot and contain some 'unseen' footage?

Just seemed strange to have a 45 minute episode of that program.

2. billypritchard

billypritchard Embiggener

May 7, 2001
    St. Louis, MO
    Last week's said, 'Next week a special Hannibal with Limited Commercial Interruptions...'

Which must mean that to expand the Office they decided to cut the commercials.

3. Test

Test Active Member

Dec 8, 2004
    Not knowing anything about it except that I read on here there was an episode that wouldn't air because of certain violent scenes. Maybe those scenes were cut and this is that episode?

4. TAsunder

TAsunder Debates Ghee vs Gi

Aug 6, 2003
    Madison, WI
    Wow. The show is already extremely gory and graphic and violent. I regularly am amazed that they are showing it on network TV. I'm having a hard time understanding what must be in an episode that they actually cut.

5. billypritchard

May 7, 2001
    St. Louis, MO
    I don't believe so. That episode was simply scrapped from the schedule, and they put up some of the 'ongoing' story scenes on Hulu/NBC.com.

6. billypritchard

May 7, 2001
    St. Louis, MO
    The scrapped episode apparently had children killing other children.

7. lpwcomp

lpwcomp Active Member

May 6, 2002
    John's...
    It wasn't pulled due to "certain violent scenes", it was pulled due to the basic plot. So no, this is not it.

8. TAsunder

Aug 6, 2003
    Madison, WI
    Ah. Like that show Revolution :)

9. JLucPicard

JLucPicard Active Member TCF Club

Jul 8, 2004
    West St....
    That would make more sense - I don't think I've gotten around to viewing last week's yet.

Thanks for clearing that up for me.

10. Lee 2.0

Lee 2.0 Hoopy frood

Jul 10, 2012
    Lazlo's...
    It's basic Thomas Harris. I don't get what everyone was expecting. I find it much more interesting and less gross and upsetting than The Following and Fox couldn't wait to renew that.

11. DevdogAZ

DevdogAZ Give em Hell, Devils

Apr 16, 2003
    Arizona
    In other words, we can make a LOT more money selling ads during The Office finale, so we'll increase the number and length of ad breaks during The Office, which will likely get at least a 2.5 (A18-49) rating, and we'll take those breaks away from Hannibal, which will likely get about a 1.1 rating.

12. grey ghost

grey ghost Member

Feb 1, 2010
    Hannibal is not doing well in the ratings. They probably aren't worrying about pre-empting 15 minutes of it

13. grey ghost

grey ghost Member

Feb 1, 2010
    I've found quite the opposite. Hannibal is extremely disturbing to me. I haven't liked a couple of things in the Following, but I had to stop watching Hannibal entirely 5 minutes into the 3rd episode.

14. sharkster

sharkster Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2004
    NV
    It is my understanding that they are NOT pre-empting part of the episode. They are consolidating it into a shorter time slot by having less commercial breaks. No episode content will be omitted, from what I understand.

15. Lee 2.0

Lee 2.0 Hoopy frood

Jul 10, 2012
    Lazlo's...
    Wow, I had totally the opposite reaction and quit watching The Following after whatever episode they were telling the kid to kill the mouse. Interesting. To be fair I've always been a Thomas Harris fan, the last movie notwithstanding. I think Lecter is one of the most interesting fictional characters ever written and I enjoy how they're producing the show.

16. grey ghost

grey ghost Member

Feb 1, 2010
    I've read a good many of Harris' books from Red Dragon on and they have never really bothered me. The series bothered me but it seemed to me lots of it was shock for shock's sake like the garden full of green corpses. Oh well, different strokes.

17. TAsunder

Aug 6, 2003
    Madison, WI
    Hannibal is doing ok in the ratings for an NBC show. I can't imagine they are going to cancel it given all the other stuff they have canceled.