1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

440 hours of recording left and shows being deleted?

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by TheWizz, Aug 27, 2013.

1. TheWizz

TheWizz New Member

Aug 27, 2013
    I just installed a new Roamio Pro last night and recorded a few sample shows to start learning how to do things with the Tivo vs. DTV DVRs. This morning I still had around 440 HD hours left to record and one of the shows I recorded last night had a yellow mark next to it starting it was about to be deleted. How is this possible with 440 HD hours left?? I did set it up as keep until it needs the space, but with 99% space left, I don't understand why it would start to even attempt to delete a show so soon.

Am I doing something wrong or is this perhaps a bug? Thanks in advance.

2. jgerry

jgerry save vinyl

Aug 29, 2001
    Atlanta,...
    All is well. The yellow mark just means it's in the queue to be deleted, as opposed to being set to never be deleted, which you generally have to set manually, or when you set up your season passes or wishlists. It won't actually be deleted for a very very very long time. :)

3. justinw

justinw New Member

Jan 30, 2007
    The yellow mark next to the show just says it "could" be deleted if it needs the space. Every show gets that after 24 hours. Ignore it.

4. innocentfreak

innocentfreak Active Member

Aug 25, 2001
    Florida
    TiVo calculates this also based off the setting for number of episodes and upcoming shows. If you have a full To Do list this could be why. Also if you have a show like Top Gear on the BBCA which runs tons of reruns and you have it set for only 5 or 10 episodes, this could also be why.

5. TheWizz

TheWizz New Member

Aug 27, 2013
    Thanks for the quick replies! I only have 6 shows in the Season Pass so far and 440 hours left, so that is why I got concerned.

6. andyf

andyf Active Member

Feb 23, 2000
    Houston,...
    I don't think the yellow '!' exists anymore. I have shows a week old on a Roamio and a month old on a Premiere and they show as a blue solid circle. KUID shows as a solid green circle. Same in the iPad app.

Are there any other instances that will cause a yellow '!' to show up?

7. innocentfreak

Aug 25, 2001
    Florida
    It does. I see it on my Elite all the time.

Set a series recording of something that reruns, but set it for a single episode to keep and you will see it when it is done recording. It will show immediately since it will be deleted when the next repeat airs.

8. andyf

andyf Active Member

Feb 23, 2000
    Houston,...
    Thanks! Not my usage scenario.

9. innocentfreak

Aug 25, 2001
    Florida
    I don't use it for everything, but I have some shows like Top Gear just in case I feel like watching an episode. I rarely do so it doesn't make sense to keep more than one. The same goes for Nothing But Trailers on Axcess TV formerly HDNET. Most of the time it is the same movie trailers so no reason to keep several on hand.