1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

4 years on still having v301 error code!

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by celtic pride, Jan 5, 2014.

1. celtic pride

celtic pride Member

Nov 8, 2005
    I still get the v301 error code when trying to use rhaposdy on top of that now when i try to use spotify on my tivo premeire xl i get NO SOUND! I tried to access spotify 3 times last night and couldnt get any sound. I'm so frutrated with tivo not fixing the v301 error code for the last4 years .:mad:

2. P42

P42 New Member

Jan 7, 2003
    Accept that Tivo isn't going to fix the problem and find a better solution, might I suggest a $50 Roku?

3. celtic pride

celtic pride Member

Nov 8, 2005
    Whats th point of using tivo then if the apps never work right? This is why i want a tivo that is just a dvr!I HATE APPS and STREAMING!!!

4. P42

P42 New Member

Jan 7, 2003
    Ummm.....if you just want a Tivo that is just a DVR, then use it just for that, and ignore the apps and streaming. Don't worry, Tivo won't cry. Shrug.

5. WO312

WO312 Active Member

Jan 24, 2003
    Finger...
    Sure, Tivo can be used as just a DVR. But why does that excuse Tivo for not fixing a problem?

6. P42

P42 New Member

Jan 7, 2003
    It doesn't. But there comes a point in time where you need to recognize that the problem is not going to be fixed, and go else where. After 4yrs of not fixing the problem, I think it is fair to say that they ain't.

IMO the Premiere works great as a DVR, but the few apps I've tried, eg Netflix some time back, were slow and a poor UI compared to the Roku. Tivo was chasing the one box to rule them all, but the Premiere was underpowered for that, maybe the Roamio isn't, time will tell.