1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

3Tb and 2 Much 2 Watch!

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by eboydog, Mar 18, 2014.

1. eboydog

eboydog Just TiVo'ing.....

Mar 23, 2006
    Is it just me or is anyone else having a problem of deciding what to watch and being terrible behind watching what is recorded on your Roamio?

In the past it was always a restriction that with only so much storage space I kept my recordings controlled and was able to keep up with watching Tivo. Now I'm only getting behind watching recorded shows and don't have enough time to watch everything, 3Tb is a lot of storage!

At this point I really would like profiles, it would be much easier to short though my shows with what the wife records. Next month it will get worse as my son will be losing his Tivo as it will be replaced with a Mini.

My growing concern is that I have no backup of my Roamio hard drive, esp the copy once flagged content.

2. sandman55

sandman55 New Member

Aug 30, 2008
    I just came back from vacation to find 105 shows recorded on my Pro.
    Time to get rid of the shows we watch just because we always did.
    (good part it was only 17% full)

3. RichieR

RichieR New Member

Dec 19, 2013
    Absolutely! I was gone for a couple of weeks for work, came home and there was a lot of shows to watch. And I only did the 2TB upgrade.

I suppose there could be worse things than this, however. So much better than the cable dvr box!

4. dvdvids

dvdvids New Member

Feb 8, 2008
    Haha... so true!!
    I came from single tuner/160 gb to 4 tuner/3 tb and it has become an overload..
    so the first thing I do is scan fast /delete just to make sure I don't have too much media to choose from :)
    ... but I still love this situation (just record more) over the previous situation (painfully choose between shows at same time) :)

5. Zinfandel

Zinfandel New Member

Nov 30, 2008
    Seattle, WA
    Same "problem" here: so much to watch, so little time. I'd also like to see profiles as a way to organize My Shows. Our recordings fall into three categories: for me, for my wife, and for us to watch together. Three TB of storage is very nice, but it can be difficult managing all the recordings. It would be very helpful to be able to filter the list to see only "watch together" shows, for example.

6. Joe01880

Joe01880 I love my TiVo

Feb 8, 2009
    Boston
    That's the way it's supposed to be, better to have to much than not have enough.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

7. dvdvids

dvdvids New Member

Feb 8, 2008
    Yes, being able to add a filter and categorize with filters would be nice.

You could however do that in a crude fashion using Wishlists... but then ofc you wont find them directly.

8. Dan203

Dan203 Super Moderator Staff Member TCF Club

Apr 17, 2000
    Nevada
    Same boat here. My Roamio Pro is 77% full. If this were my old XL4 it would have been full weeks ago. I even went through and deleted some old shows that are now available on Netflix. I guess I just don't have the time or inclination to watch as much TV as I once did.