1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

32 new HD channels no Guide info

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by retiredjd, Oct 27, 2013.

1. retiredjd

retiredjd New Member

Jun 28, 2013
    Just received new hd channels last week but no guide info. I contacted tivo and reported same. Does anyone know how long it takes to be corrected ? Thanks.

2. jrtroo

jrtroo User

Feb 4, 2008
    Did you go through settings to update your cablesystem information? Have you forced a connection?

More information from you would help guide suggested solutions.

3. dlfl

dlfl Cranky old novice

Jul 6, 2006
    Near...
    Usually the delay in getting guide info updated is due to the cable system provider -- they have to supply the information. So how diligent do you think your cable provider is when the primary impact of a delay is to inconvenience Tivo and tuning card users? That's how long it will take. Supposedly when you report a guide error to Tivo their reps will take some kind of action to prod the cable co. We never know specifically what they do. Frankly I'm amazed at how few errors I see, given the nature of this system.

Tribune Media Services provides the guide info to Tivo, which sends it to your Tivo upon connection. You can see their latest guide data for your service at zap2it.com. Click "Change my location" and enter your zip code. Then select the cable service you have configured during Guided Setup from the list provided. There is a delay between what you see on zap2it and what is in your Tivo, usually less than a day if your tivo is connecting regularly -- and if tivo is handling the info properly on their servers.