1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

30 second skip jumps minutes

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by elorahd, Nov 10, 2012.

1. elorahd

elorahd New Member

Oct 18, 2003
    Ive had the newest model for a few months and I'm having an intermittent problem that is getting annoying. Sometimes when I'm skipping through commercials instead of skipping ahead 30 seconds, it will skip ahead about 5 minutes or so. It usually does this at the end of a set of commercials putting me 5 minutes passed the point where the show started up again. Is anyone else getting this? I haven't called dtv because their answer is usually to switch out receivers. I don't want a new receiver. I've got too much unwatched stuff on this one. How can I fix this?

2. poppagene

poppagene User

Dec 29, 2001
    If you are in rewind or fast forward mode prior to pressing the 30 second skip, you will go forward or backward by more than the 30 seconds.

3. elorahd

elorahd New Member

Oct 18, 2003
    I'm not doing that. I'm just using the skip button, nothing else.

4. litzdog911

litzdog911 TechKnow Guide

Oct 18, 2002
    Mill Creek,...
    Did this used to work properly?
    Have you tried resetting the Tivo?

5. elorahd

elorahd New Member

Oct 18, 2003
    It worked fine for a month or two, then it started doing it. What do you mean by resetting? I've restarted it several times.

6. litzdog911

litzdog911 TechKnow Guide

Oct 18, 2002
    Mill Creek,...
    Red reset button behind front panel access card door. You have a THR22 HD Tivo, right?

7. stevel

stevel Dumb Blond TCF Club

Aug 23, 2000
    Nashua, NH
    I found my THR22 doing this as well, or skipping to the end of the show. If you go into the settings for Remote Control, "Step 5" lets you set the behavior of the "advance" button.