1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2nd Fall update - Loses Station Data

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by haplo888, Dec 8, 2012.

1. haplo888

haplo888 New Member

Jun 9, 2009
    The newest update causes a loss of station information on recordings from a previous lineup.

One of my XL4/Elite boxes that came with the Fall Update already installed has received a 2nd fall update. The other still has the original fall update.

One box now has 20.2.2
    and one has

The one with the newer update has lost all of the station data for existing recordings from a previous lineup.

Through 20.2.2 TIVO was really smart on how to handle recordings from a previous lineup. It recognized the station, for instance H2 (ch341), found where H2 is on your current lineup, and assigned the new channel (ch127) and H2 to your existing recording.

With TIVO instead loses the station identification, and assigns what whatever station is currently associated with the channel (ch341) STARS to the recording even though it was originally recorded on H2. This also sometimes causes a failure when you attempt Explore This Show. It finds nothing and returns you to the episode screen.

In addition to the Explore This Show failures, this is frustrating because the station that a show was recorded on tells me a lot about the type of show it is.
  2. haplo888

haplo888 New Member

Jun 9, 2009
    Any update to this?

Are they going to fix it?
  3. mattack

mattack New Member

Apr 9, 2001
    Did you call Tivo and tell them? I don't really understand what your issue is.