1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2012 Fall shows you are looking forward to

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by jilter, Aug 12, 2012.

1. jilter

jilter Happy to be here.

Oct 4, 2002
    The Futon Critic's list of comedies looks pretty thin to me. I long for the days when I could not wait for the Fall TV Premieres.

2. Steveknj

Steveknj Lost in New Joisey

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    None. I don't see ONE new show that I'm looking forward to. There are definitely some I'll watch though.

3. zuko3984

zuko3984 Active Member

May 4, 2002
    I'm looking forward to a few shows. Last Resort and zero hour on ABC, Elementary and Vegas on CBS, Arrow and Cult on The CW, The Following on FOX, and Revolution on NBC.

4. RGM1138

RGM1138 I wanna Rock

Oct 6, 1999
    Gulfport, MS
    There were a few promos that piqued my interest. The Neighbors - ABC, Revolution - NBC, Nashville - ABC, The Mindy Project - FOX.

I'm really curious about Last Resort. How are they going to sustain a show about a nuclear sub at war with the US?

5. lambertman

lambertman To see you, Nice

Dec 20, 2002
    Indianapolis...
    unreservedly, Vegas and Elementary.

with some reservations, Last Resort.

Midseason sitcoms Goodwin Games and How to Live with Your Parents have my attention.

6. laria

laria Librocubicularist

Sep 7, 2000
    Seacoast, NH
    I don't know if I'm looking forward to anything. I record pretty much every new drama that comes on every year, and now a lot of the comedies too, although I didn't used to and I missed the boat on some like Modern Family. :( Then I decide what to get rid of either by watching or they get cancelled before I even get a chance to start watching. ;)

I have my grid meticulously mapped out in a spreadsheet like I do every year... I just finished it today in fact! I organize all my shows by Network and Tivo... ABC/CW/NBC go on one Tivo and CBS/FOX on another Tivo (I record more CBS than anything else so this keeps them balanced :)). I need to move one of my NBC shows to Tivo 2 this year, though, due to a 3 way conflict between Vampire Diaries, Last Resort, and Up All Night, oh no!! :eek: ;)

I am surprised how many NBC shows have a midseason or TBA premiere date this year.

7. Bob_Newhart

Bob_Newhart My Custom User Title

Jul 14, 2004
    Houston
    any new Seth MacFarlane cartoons? otherwise, no.

8. laria

laria Librocubicularist

Sep 7, 2000
    Seacoast, NH
    Yes, I might be a little OCD, why do you ask. ;) Pink and blue are for each Tivo.

[​IMG]

9. jamesl

jamesl Member

Jul 12, 2012
  10. TIVO_GUY_HERE

TIVO_GUY_HERE I miss the ocean

Jul 10, 2000
    Dallas Texas
    I do the same type of grid, minus the colors.

11. laria

laria Librocubicularist

Sep 7, 2000
    Seacoast, NH
    I started using the colors last year to help me keep one Tivo getting more overloaded than the other. I have a tendency to let shows build up especially early in the season if I'm waiting to see if they are going to be cancelled or not, so if I am recording too many on one, I'll run out of disk space faster. Both Tivos have 500 GB drives (about 60-70 hours of HD).

12. wprager

wprager Active Member

Feb 19, 2006
    Ottawa, Canada
    All I can say is "I'm not worthy".

But I'm ok with that ;)

13. Alfer

Alfer New Member

Aug 7, 2003
    Nothing new looks interesting this season. Probably stick to the usual fair like Castle and 2-1/2 Men etc. Plus other non network cable shows.

14. laria

laria Librocubicularist

Sep 7, 2000
    Seacoast, NH
    After thinking about it some, I think I am probably actually looking forward to:
    • Elementary - but I hope I don't constantly compare it to the awesome BBC Sherlock
    • Revolution - they have to get one of these types of shows right eventually, right?
    • Chicago Fire - hot firemen, who cares what the show is about? ;)

I hope maybe some of the others will pleasantly surprise me, like Grimm did last year... I was kinda expecting that to be really stupid. :)

15. BradJW

BradJW Well-Known Member

Jun 9, 2008
    Houston
    You're absolutely not alone.
    I do the same.
    I like your format better than mine though. I normally color code by channel, but I have the times at the top and the channels on the left side. Yours is probably easier to read.

I'll do my spreadsheet this week. Maybe today.
    And I'll use yours as my starting point.

16. allan

allan Just someone TCF Club

Oct 13, 2002
    Not looking forward to anything. Not even expecting anything to be decent at this point. :p I'll try Revolution, but so far, that type of show has been better in theory than in practice. :p

17. MikeMar

MikeMar Go Pats

Jan 7, 2005
    Boston...
    I hope nothing, we have so much good stuff to catch up on/start watching!!!!

Just finished Homeland,
    started Community
    About to start the latest season of True Blood
    Have Season 2 of Treme
    Veep to Start
    Newsroom to start
    I'm watching Breaking Bad
    SYTYCD is going on

Man too much good stuff :)

18. BradJW

BradJW Well-Known Member

Jun 9, 2008
    Houston
    Finished my spreadsheet.

Watched trailers for all the new stuff. Recording most of it, but a few I'll pass on.

Looking forward to:
    Mob Doctor
    The Neighbors
    Last Resort
    Revolution
    Made in Jersey
    Zero Hour

19. TAsunder

TAsunder Debates Ghee vs Gi

Aug 6, 2003
    Madison, WI
    Some good suggestions I'd not heard of in this thread. The following looks interesting, but it's ok Fox. Chances are quite good that it will be canceled or not renewed given its subject matter and Fox's iron fist.

20. whitson77

whitson77 Active Member

Nov 10, 2002
    In for Zero Hour and Revolution.

I'll try Last Resort too. But I just don't see how that can sustain itself.