1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2011/11/08 Law & Order - 456 Hours on 104 DVDs

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by MikeAndrews, Aug 21, 2011.

1. MikeAndrews

MikeAndrews Registered abuser

Jan 17, 2002
    Only 456 hours? That's nothing. Try 1532 hours on a TiVo and it's noteenuff.
  2. YCantAngieRead

YCantAngieRead Not Entirely Current

Nov 5, 2003
    Not that I could ever afford that, but what I'd like is a Law & Order, Jerry Orbach only set.
  3. mrdazzo7

mrdazzo7 Active Member

Jan 8, 2006
    If you can store 1500 hours of shows on your Tivo than you have bigger issues than limited disk space!!

Seriously though this set sounds like a monster. I'm sure it will sell to the "hard cores" but I'll be very surprised if it moves a ton of units.
  4. Maui

Maui Major Lee Oblivious

Apr 22, 2000
    Decatur, IL
    I already own season one. This would be a great collection to have but I can't see myself ever investing the time to view them all again. It is p[robably about 350 hours without commercials (episodes ran longer back in 1990)

Even at Amazon's discounted price it comes out to $25 a season. Not bad but I expect we will see it discounted even further in the future.
  5. ewolfr

ewolfr .

Feb 12, 2001
    I know that L&O ran forever so they have a ton of episodes to release. Is this the biggest single dvd collection to ever be sold?
  6. Maui

Maui Major Lee Oblivious

Apr 22, 2000
    Decatur, IL
    It was tied with Gunsmoke for the longest running TV drama at 20 years so in that category I would think it would be the biggest.

I do know that the original daytime soap opera Dark Shadows has had it's entire 5 year run on DVD, over 1200 half hour episodes. They have not been released as one complete set as far as I know.

I am actually upset about that show. I made it through collection 13 or 14, over 700 episodes watched and Netflix just up and stopped offering the discs for rental. I was on the home stretch, only 500 more to go. :)