1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

20.4.1 Release Notes

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by TiVoMargret, Apr 3, 2014.

1. TiVoMargret

TiVoMargret VP Product Dev, TiVo

Feb 2, 2008
    Silicon Valley
    We will begin updating TiVo Roamio, TiVo Premiere, and TiVo Mini boxes with 20.4.1 "Spring Update" later today.

Here are some of the changes:
    - addressed issues where customers were seeing V112 errors when trying to stream between boxes
    - improved interaction with HDMI, and fixed cases where TiVo Mini was rebooting due to HDMI issues
    - improvements to Netflix stability
    - improvements to Roamio WiFi connectivity
    - fixed a network flakiness issue for wired Ethernet Roamio boxes that had previously been connected to WiFi
    - turned off the troublesome "overlapping recordings" behavior
    - reduced the cases where a black screen appeared after watching a video
    - YouTube and Opera Store Apps should now work with all video resolutions (not just 720p and greater)
    - created a new V311 error message when an app requires 720p support, and the box has that resolution disabled
    - support for playing cable video on demand on a DVR and a Mini simultaneously (or 2 Minis simultaneously) *if* the cable company's configuration supports it
    - improved handling and messaging of C133 errors, and added a reference to our new site for updates related to outages: http://status.tivo.com
    - VOD and apps can now be launched in C133 mode
    - new "Default Recording Options" screen inside Settings > Recording to set your preferred "Keep at most", New/Reruns settings, and padding for new Season Passes and WishLists.

The update should be available some time after 4:30pm PT for those that signed up at http://tivo.com/priority yesterday. We will continue to update any new priority sign-ups every few days. If you decide not to sign up for the priority list, your box will automatically update some time within the next 30 days.

P.S. We have some cool stuff lined up for the "Summer Update". It is a great time to join our Beta program if you want to be part of the (secret) inner circle: https://fieldtrials.tivo.com/signup/default.html
  2. geekmedic

geekmedic TiVo Fanatic

Apr 4, 2003
    Atlanta, GA USA
    No Mini UI update? :(
  3. skid71

skid71 New Member

Mar 20, 2013
    /\/\/\ This. Bummer.

Yay for overlapping recordings being fixed.
  4. tarheelblue32

tarheelblue32 New Member

Jan 12, 2014
    Raleigh, NC

I'm just glad they are finally fixing the HDMI handshake/Mini reboot issue. It is very annoying. It was happening so often with one of my Minis (almost daily) that I finally broke down and ordered the component breakout cables just to avoid HDMI altogether.
  5. andyf

andyf Active Member

Feb 23, 2000
    I'm sure you meant before and including yesterday.
  6. kbmb

kbmb Active Member

Jun 22, 2004
    Great that it's turned off so I can start padding again.
    Bad that you weren't able to fix it to work. Would have been a cool technology.

7. monkeydust

monkeydust New Member

Dec 12, 2004
    Or Amazon Prime. :(

Like we're on the Island of Misfit Toys and Santa passes us over yet another year....
  8. sbiller

sbiller Active Member

May 10, 2002
    Tampa, FL
  9. mpack

mpack New Member

Dec 29, 2013
    Thanks Margret.

I hope the "cool stuff" includes an UltraViolet enabled application like VuDu. The Roamio feels like old technology without one.
  10. tarheelblue32

tarheelblue32 New Member

Jan 12, 2014
    Raleigh, NC
    Amazon Prime would be nice to have, but it's much more important to fix known glitches than to add on new functionality. They've clearly focused on working out all the major bugs in this update, and that was the right thing for them to do.
  11. sbiller

sbiller Active Member

May 10, 2002
    Tampa, FL
    It doesn't take a software update for a new app.
  12. Bigg

Bigg Active Member

Oct 30, 2003
    1. Roku
    2. FireTV

Finally have default recording options. FINALLY.
  13. CloudAtlas

CloudAtlas New Member

Oct 29, 2013
    Right, because nothing says state-of-the-art like UltraViolet. :)
  14. Philmatic

Philmatic New Member

Sep 17, 2003
    C133 error mitigation is welcome, as well as disabling the overlapping recording/shared buffer thing are good fixes, thank you Margret.

Nobody is discussing the "Default Recording Options"? This is great, it is rare to see TiVo make an addition to the core DVR experience, nice.
  15. shrike4242

shrike4242 Member

Nov 30, 2006
    Saint Louis, MO
    Just noticed that in the notes. That's a huge help, so we won't have to set it on all SPs individually if we primarily set up a SP in a specific way.

It'll be nice to see that when it's installed.
  16. keithg1964

keithg1964 New Member

Feb 2, 2006
    - turned off the troublesome "overlapping recordings" behavior

Did you turn off the feature or did you fix the problem with the feature?
  17. sbiller

sbiller Active Member

May 10, 2002
    Tampa, FL
    I suppose we will find out soon enough...

18. truman861

truman861 New Member

Jul 13, 2012
    Tampa FL
    I am signed up at Tivo trials site and never got anything by email or anything else to beta test anything, never have. I would love to take part in something - PLEASE ? - Anything ?

Roamio Plus (Master)
    3 Tivo Mini's (living room and kids rooms)
    3 x Premiers (retired)
    Tivo series 3 HD (retired)
    Tivo series 2 with PLS (retired)
    CC: Cisco PK802
    TA: Cisco STA1520
    T.W. Brighthouse Tampabay - Moving to Verizon Fios
  19. BlackBetty

BlackBetty I

Nov 5, 2004
    You may want to synch up with Melissa at TiVo because this is the response I got back from her today.

20. ggieseke

ggieseke Active Member

May 30, 2008
    That's my question too. I'd much rather have a minor glitch in the video than use 2 tuners for overlapping recordings on the same channel.