1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2 second Audio dropouts, 1-2x per program

Discussion in 'TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs' started by jeffw_00, Apr 28, 2012.

1. jeffw_00

jeffw_00 Member

Sep 19, 2000
    Hi - I haven't been able to find anything on point about this, but surely I'm not the only person to experience this. A TivoHD with a WD 1TB internal drive and no other problems. Randomly, but maybe once every 30 minutes of program, there's a single 1-2 second audio dropout. It's always repeatable (i.e., if you backup, it happens again), and the video is fine. Rebooting the TiVo doesn't help, and I really don't know what else to try.

Is there perhaps some way to rebuild the disc to have it detect any new bad sectors or something? Or maybe I need to replace it? It's just getting to the verge of being annoying so I'm willing to put some effort into a sure fix.

Thanks very much!
    /j

2. L David Matheny

L David Matheny Active Member

Jan 29, 2011
    SE Ohio
    Have you tried watching live TV, preferably using a different tuner (not in the TiVo)? Why are you so sure that the dropouts are not signal problems?

3. jeffw_00

jeffw_00 Member

Sep 19, 2000
    Well, I have FiOS, and TiVo says signal strength is strong, and when I switched from COMCAST to FiOS a few months ago the issue didn't change at all.