1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2 "Digital Pref A/O" Comcast charges a month

Discussion in 'TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs' started by eagerinsight, Feb 6, 2009.

1. eagerinsight

eagerinsight New Member

Aug 27, 2006
    Philadelphia
    I have two m-cards in my Series 3, and on my monthly Comcast bill I see 2 "Digital Pref A/O" fee of $8.19 and $7.18, are these monthly charges for the cable cards? There is also a $6.50 HDTV Digital Converter charge. I don't use any of their converter boxes, is this normal or are they screwing with me?

2. JoeTaxpayer

JoeTaxpayer Member

Dec 23, 2008
    This is from the Comcast Regional office by me.

Outlet A (Primary) - CableCard #1 $0.00 CableCard #2 $1.50/month equipment fee

Outlet B CableCard #1 $6.95/Digital Access (A/O fee) CableCard #2 $1.50/month equipment fee

One TiVo is either A a primary with no outlet fee and possible second card fee, or B as shown above. One TiVo never gets charges two outlet fees, you are getting ripped off.

If you have no Comcast STB, the charge you should see is only the second card charge ($1.50 -$2.95) I don't know how much exactly.
    I have one S3 with two cards like you do, and will scan my latest bill. (Hey, I got that right, first time.)

[​IMG]

So you see, The cable outlet is free, one outlet with service (how else can you watch TV, need one outlet) and I only pay for second card, $1.50 in my case. My second TiVo has no cards, I stream to it for high def, Not worth $8.45/mo to get to record more than 2 HD shows at once, TV isn't that good.

Joe