1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

11.3 "upgrade" only on lifetimed HDs?

Discussion in 'TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs' started by unitron, Mar 18, 2014.

1. unitron

unitron Active Member

Apr 28, 2006
    semi-coastal NC
    Did anyone whose HD got broken by 11.3 have a non-lifetimed one?

Did any HD XLs get 11.3?

2. miller890

miller890 Member

Feb 15, 2002
    Yes. Monthly $6 charge on an HD which they said they would transfer.

3. unitron

unitron Active Member

Apr 28, 2006
    semi-coastal NC
    Tell them that since they broke your TiVo, you want the $99 lifetime deal on it, and that they can then transfer that lifetime to the new TiVo they are forcing you to buy after having broken your TiVo.

4. buscuitboy

buscuitboy New Member

Aug 8, 2005
    Atlanta area
    While my experience is not directly related to a "broken" Series 3 due to the update, I can tell you that I had a Series 3 (OLED) that I got the $99 lifetime transferred. 3 months after I got it lifetimed, it crapped out on me. I figured it was either the drive or the power supply.

over the following months, I did EVERYTHING to try and repair this S3. I had a cap replaced on the power supply, swapped out another working S3 (OLED) drive in it and swapped out another working S3 (OLED) power supply. NONE of it worked and I kept getting the reboot problem.

I finally called TiVo up and explained the reboot situation (but didn't mention I opened up the unit). They said that since the lifetime I got was less than a year old, they then basically easily gave me a refurb 2-tuner premiere for $79 along with transferring the lifetime subscription to it for free. I had to mail back the non-working S3, but it was still worth it in my opinion. I even slipped in another original, but non-working S3 drive in the unit before shipping it off. Then kept the working S3 drive as a backup for my other S3 (OLED).

Therefore, if you do the aforementioned advice, I think you may then be able to get a $99 lifetime transferred to a Premiere. Not sure they will do this for a Roamio, but I guess its worth a shot too.