1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1000 hr Tivo Premiere advertisement: real?

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by mr_smits, Aug 27, 2012.

1. mr_smits

mr_smits New Member

Dec 17, 2009
    I've seen a few Tivo advertisements for a 1000 hour "family" or family size Premiere. I don't remember if it said 4 tuner, but I think so.

WHen I clicked the ad, it went to tivo.com - no specific device linked. Is this a sign of what is coming soon? Did someone make a mistake on the advertising side?

2. jrtroo

jrtroo User

Feb 4, 2008
    Link to the advertisement?

3. aaronwt

aaronwt UHD Addict

Jan 31, 2002
    Northern...
    I can get over 2700 hours of recordings from my Elites with a 2TB drive. Although to get that many hours from a 2TB drive the recordings would need to be in SD. With HD recorded from MPEG2 it's over 300 hour hours. MPEG4 would be over 600 hours.

4. lillevig

lillevig Hot in West Texas

Dec 6, 2010
    San Angelo, TX
    Sounds like my local cable company advertising any room DVR and recording of up to 8 shows at a time. Since they offer just the basic Premiere at this time I guess that means you have to rent four of them. Maybe that was in the fine print that no one can read.

5. celtic pride

celtic pride Member

Nov 8, 2005
    my tivo premiere xl can do 157 hours of HD recording or 1,375 hours of SD recording so no its not a mistake! thats how the tivo xl premier with 2 tuners come. I think the newer tivo xl 4 and elite may have more recording capability, But the new tivo 4 only has 75 hour HD recording space i dont know about the SD recoding space on the tivo 4:up:

6. steve614

steve614 what ru lookin at?

May 1, 2006
    Dallas, TX
    TiVo always advertises the maximum hours the DVR can record.
    SD vs. HD is not an important factor when it comes to this number. :D