1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

$100 off Premiere/antenna combo at BB

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by eric102, Mar 23, 2013.

1. eric102

eric102 Member

Oct 31, 2012
  2. ncbill

ncbill Member

Sep 1, 2007
    Western NC
    That's the antenna I use.

Mine is mounted outside on the end of my deck, w/ high-gain UHF amp (all my stations here are UHF).

I can get all my locals plus one out-of-market station whose transmitter is 60 miles away (according to tvfool.com) - that station is my preferred CBS feed.

Too bad the $9.99/month (for OTA-only) deal hasn't returned.

3. drkside

drkside New Member

Mar 23, 2013
    This still available?

4. compnurd

compnurd New Member

Oct 6, 2011
    yeh looks like all week

5. mickpetey

mickpetey New Member

Aug 2, 2012
    I thought that the premiere doesn't support OTA. Is this a specific antenna that only works with Tivo?

6. compnurd

compnurd New Member

Oct 6, 2011
    The 2 Tuner Premiere Does. Only the XL4 and Elite Dont

I bought my first 2 Tivos this way. Kept one Antenna and sold the other

7. mickpetey

mickpetey New Member

Aug 2, 2012
    Thank you for the clarification! I have been fighting with Comcast for the last 6 months they keep charging me for HBO and won't cancel it. All I need is a MLB app on TIVO for this summer. I'm late to the party on the antenna, is it possible to download mlb app on my pc and stream that over to the tivo? Anyone point me to the correct thread?

8. P42

P42 New Member

Jan 7, 2003
    No, but Roku will.

9. P42

P42 New Member

Jan 7, 2003
    @MMaleto not knowing where you are makes it impossible for anyone to know how well this antenna might work for them. However, if they had your TV Fool results they could compare their with yours and hazard a guess.

10. HookedOnTivo

HookedOnTivo This is my title

Feb 14, 2002
    Houston, TX
  11. Mashdoc

Mashdoc New Member

Jan 23, 2002
    Atlanta,...
    I have the TIVO Premiere and this antenna in the Atlanta area 50 miles south.

I get all the major network channels and about 28 more foreign language channels. Quality is better than Comcast.

Records well on TIVO.

12. drcos

drcos HD where available

Jul 20, 2001
    Venice FL
    I have TiVo Premiere XL and this antenna in Venice, FL, about 42 miles from Tuckers Grade where most of the Ft. Myers antennas are.
    With no amp, and the antenna inside the house, I get the six Ft. Myers channels I wanted (CBS, NBC, ABC, PBS, Fox, CW) without an amplifier (but remember, this part of FL is fairly flat). Signal strength is between 60-85, with S/Ns between 25 and 30dB. So far, I see very few if any dropouts, and PQ is better than Comcast.
    Now when the Bucs are blacked out on Tampa TV, I can see them in HD anyways.

In case you're keeping score, these are all UHF channels.